New import/export business with Marco in Venezuela

• Well, I moved to Panama a week ago. Those weird things were some of the reasons why I left my country...

Anyhow, there's a buch of stuff that you can export to Venezuela, starting from milk, deodorant, shampoo, toilet paper, diapers, napkins, laundry soap, cleaning chlorine and a laaaaaarge list of etceteras.... The problem is to get paid. :(

You better stay away from Venezuela. As I did. ;)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Well, I moved to Panama a week ago. Those weird things were some of the reasons why I left my country...

Anyhow, there's a buch of stuff that you can export to Venezuela, starting from milk, deodorant, shampoo, toilet paper, diapers, napkins, laundry soap, cleaning chlorine and a laaaaaarge list of etceteras.... The problem is to get paid. :(

You better stay away from Venezuela. As I did. ;)

I was born and raised diving both coasts of Panama. Had NO idea you had left Maduro's chaos. Where in Panama are you? Panama City? Some decent diving in the Perlas Islands. Right now is dry season which means murky cold water but rainy season starts soon and water warms up and gets clearer. Do you have diving contacts yet? Do you have your little RIB? There is ok diving, well been a lot of years, but used to be ok around Taboga and Tabogia. I made all my spending $$$$ growing up spearing fish and catching Lobsters all along the causeway and selling to resturaunts but those days are probably long gone With all the development on the causeway.

Of course the YFT up the coast and decent shore diving along the Atlantic toward San Blas Isands. Lots of diving opportunities on both coasts and very different. I have spear fished and caught lobsters on both coasts on the same day - not many places you can do that.

Hope it works out for you and the family.

Who are you working for or on your own?

Watch out for the Bull Sharks.

• Good luck on your new adventure Marco. I know it's hard moving family around. New schools, jobs, friends. Jake and Kiera moved a lot with this shrimp career I have. All the best.

• WTF Marco!! You about to lay down the pain on giant tuna and not a word to your spear brothers :nono:
    Hell i am going there to pick up a boat in a few months and was going to crash by you and shoot some fish!! :rolleyes1: now where will i stay!! :laughing:

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• WTF Marco!! You about to lay down the pain on giant tuna and not a word to your spear brothers :nono:
    Hell i am going there to pick up a boat in a few months and was going to crash by you and shoot some fish!! :rolleyes1: now where will i stay!! :laughing:

Picking up the boat in Venezuela George? Take some rubbers and toilet paper and trade for the boat and use the $$$ you would have used to pay for me to come help you sail it to Antigua - and hang around for boat week. :laughing:

• Ok. Let's put this in parts, as Jack the Ripper used to say... :rolleyes1::D

I'm in Panama City and I have some spearo friends. I get to know more people to have more options and probably will get a panga so I don't have to depend on others schedules.
    My friends like this season because the goupers show up. I've seen some impressive pictures. I'll let you know how it goes.

I do have a job. A good one fortunately. ;)

Hank: Now I'm a little closer to you brah! :toast: This week has been crazy, but we have almost everything sorted out. :)

Geogie: Giant tunas are a little far from Panama City. Anyway, of course I'll look into it when I'm more comfortable here. For the time being, I think that I would have to settle with big pargos, groupers and amberjacks. MAYBE I will have the chance to dive in the Atlantic side for Wahoos. My friends have seen (and lost!) a couple. :rolleyes1:

Where's the boat you'll be picking up? If it is close to La Guaira (North of Caracas coast), I can arrange something for you. I still have friends over there that can take you out. :cool2:

Oscar: Bull sharks where? Not than I'm scared of them as I lived in Puerto Rico for 7 years and there is very sharky over there, but it is something to be aware of. My friends tell me that they have never seen a shark in the Pacific side. I guess that they are found in the Atlantic?

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• The dry season on the Pacific side is very good for big Broomtail Groupers and Jewfish. Used to be good for Big Pargos as well as Amberjeck. Really - no sharks? Used to a very rare day indeed if you didn't see a Shark diving the Pacific Side - maybe the long lines killed them all.

Don't overlook the highly prized Corbina/Corvina - you will hear them grunting. A 20-25 poundrr is a great size for them and make the best ceviche.

Who are your spearo buddies in Panama?

Good having a great job. I think you will find Spearfishing in Panama to be varied and exciting. Atlantic offers a very different but fun venue from the Pacific and so close.

I could tell you my secret spot for huge Robalo/Snook but then would have to kill you :laughing3:

• Picking up the boat in Venezuela George? Take some rubbers and toilet paper and trade for the boat and use the $$$ you would have used to pay for me to come help you sail it to Antigua - and hang around for boat week. :laughing:

hahahahahah man you want no part of this trip! a 26ft panga from caracas to Antigua aint a fun trip my brother, buying myself a spearfishing boat to hit the tuna season in summer hard! If it were a civilized sailing boat i would have rolled out the red carpet for you, IN SPITE of you being colour blind and clearly a hazard on a night watch yelling pink for port!! :laughing:

George Steele

• hahahahahah man you want no part of this trip! a 26ft panga from caracas to Antigua aint a fun trip my brother, buying myself a spearfishing boat to hit the tuna season in summer hard! If it were a civilized sailing boat i would have rolled out the red carpet for you, IN SPITE of you being colour blind and clearly a hazard on a night watch yelling pink for port!! :laughing:

your taking a 26 panga as in navigating it? :@ you have balls....

• hahahahahah man you want no part of this trip! a 26ft panga from caracas to Antigua aint a fun trip my brother, buying myself a spearfishing boat to hit the tuna season in summer hard! If it were a civilized sailing boat i would have rolled out the red carpet for you, IN SPITE of you being colour blind and clearly a hazard on a night watch yelling pink for port!! :laughing:

We can sail out of the north coast of Venezuela, go east until we hit the Lessor Antilles, then follow them north to Antigua. Easy as long as we stay onthe lee side :thumbsup2: We can load fresh water and spear fish when we get hungry or stop in the different islands for subsistence beer and massages. :laughing:

Should only take a couple of weeks if engine doesn't quit. :laughing:

Edited once, last by Oscar ().

• We can sail out of the north coast of Venezuela, go east until we hit the Lessor Antilles, then follow them north to Antigua. Easy. We can load fresh water and spear fish when we get hungry or stop in the different islands for subsistence.

Should only take a couple of weeks if engine doesn't quit. :laughing:

[emoji1] in your holidays! This is no holiday for me Oscar, hard long runs. Three days from start to finish is the aim.

George Steele

• your taking a 26 panga as in navigating it? :@ you have balls....

Many days here when we FAD fish we will travel 150 miles in a day into the Atlantic in 20k+ winds with 10+ seas, we are a special breed here. Besides that I delivered boats for a living for a few decades, albeit MUCH bigger boats, but the hustle is the same [emoji4]

George Steele

Edited once, last by Dude george ().

• George - are we headed north along the ABC islands or going North East to pick up the Lessor Antilles for safety? Don't wear pink in case we need to make landfall. Love a good adventure and this one seems straight forward. How many engines? One - cool, we better pack emergency rations and water - a female crew or two too

• George - are we headed north along the ABC islands or going North East to pick up the Lessor Antilles for safety? Don't wear pink in case we need to make landfall. Love a good adventure and this one seems straight forward. How many engines? One - cool, we better pack emergency rations and water - a female crew or two too

Hahahahahah Oscar(shaking head) new twin four stroke yamaha engines [emoji4] strait to margarita, then Grenada... easy from there [emoji6]

George Steele