About Neptonic System

• Guys no matter the color, I used rubbers from Mares, Pathos, Cressi, SALVIMAR, Rob Allen but recently discovered the Seatec Master Red / Amber 16mm because they came with my gun GEKO-KATYUSHA 130 and apart the SALVIMAR 14mm of my Atlantis 135 I've never seen :nono: rubbers as easy to load,progressives and powerful as these..:)

How are these Speardiver Small Hole Rubbers? Easy or difficult to load?

• Guys no matter the color, I used rubbers from Mares, Pathos, Cressi, SALVIMAR, Rob Allen but recently discovered the Seatec Master Red / Amber 16mm because they came with my gun GEKO-KATYUSHA 130 and apart the SALVIMAR 14mm of my Atlantis 135 I've never seen :nono: rubbers as easy to load,progressives and powerful as these..:)

How are these Speardiver Small Hole Rubbers? Easy or difficult to load?

The small ID bands are harder to load than regular, but thats just logical as they have more rubber per foot= more power. I find them very smooth firing though, and are the best i have tried so far... although i wont order from Neptonics again I was looking at their 300%+ bands as the physics of a band stretching further, so running more along the barrel with the shaft when fired is supposed to = more accuracy, smoother fire and less recoil. I await others opinions.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• The small ID bands are harder to load than regular, but thats just logical as they have more rubber per foot= more power. I find them very smooth firing though, and are the best i have tried so far... although i wont order from Neptonics again I was looking at their 300%+ bands as the physics of a band stretching further, so running more along the barrel with the shaft when fired is supposed to = more accuracy, smoother fire and less recoil. I await others opinions.

Actually I'm tired of stiff rubber, I think that if you want to get the rubber running more along the barrel with the shaft when fired it would be better to get a roller that were made for that purpose. :) Did you see the Salvimar Acid Green that can be stretched to 380% ? :thumbsup2:

“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime”

Edited once, last by Canis ().

• Actually I'm tired of stiff rubber, I think that if you want to get the rubber running more along the barrel with the shaft when fired it would be better to get a roller that were made for that purpose. :) Did you see the Salvimar Acid Green that can be stretched to 380% ? :thumbsup2:

No i haven't physically seen it, just heard about it. Where do you get it? I did suggest to my cousin to go with 14mm rubber to get more stretch on his blue water pipe gun.

George Steele

• No i haven't physically seen it, just heard about it. Where do you get it? I did suggest to my cousin to go with 14mm rubber to get more stretch on his blue water pipe gun.

I was looking at sites that I used to buy in Europe but the meter Acid Green costs $23 dollars plus shipping, the Seatec is less expensive and according to forums in Italy and Spain they are one of the best rubbers out there in the market, better than Picasso or Sigalsub ....
    I used three black rubbers 14mm from SALVIMAR on my Atlantis 130 and it shot my shaft 160cm x 7.5mm like canon.

:attack3: :stinkyfish:

“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime”

• Speardiver rubber is not hard to pull, it does have a smooth release. It will stretch as long as you can pull it and retains power well. I had Speardiver 14mm bands cut close to %400 to where they became the diameter of a pencil when loaded. I like 14mm small hole bands, 2 x 16mm small hole bands on a pipe gun is a tad too much recoil for my taste.

George, you weren't on the scene I guess when rubber like "mean green" gained notoriety, so you don't have a point of reference for truly stiff rubber. Mean green was very hard to pull, you'd bust a hernia loading bands made with it, and when you got to %275 it would pull no more regardless of how strong you are. Considering how hard it was to load the release was less than spectacular :rolleyes1: I guess at some point divers simply equated "shit that's hard to pull!" with "it must move a spear really well".

• Get the 14mm small id. Lots of power and very good stretch.

Agreed :thumbsup5:

I now have Dans 14mm small ID on ALL my guns and love that setup. If a slotted gun muzzle is made for 2 16mm band you can easily get 3 14mm bands in there. My guns are all have 3 or 4 14mm small ID bands and I love the increased power, more progressive recoil and versatility of this setup. I swim around with all bands loaded all the way back on the last tab, ready for that big one to swim by. If I see a small reef fish on the bottom I can easily and quickly unhook a band or two, drop on the fish and shoot at close range or against the reef with one band without worrying about damaging my spear.
    I am not good at math, but my CURRENT favorite gun has a 51inch band stretch and my 3 14mm bands are cut to 24inch with 2inch wishbones. Not sure what percentage stretch that works out to. :laughing:

• I have seriously been thinking about going with tighter bands in the 14mm range on my bluewater guns, my reef guns are already perfectly balanced with 16mm, but having a smoother firing gun with less recoil in the blue is very seductive. Thing is loading over and over 4 bands stretched to 350% on a 65 inch band stretch gun doesn't sound like my cup of tea :confused1:

George Steele

• Sounds like 350% stretch for 51 inches (129cm).

Chase - how do you figure band stretch by %?

Givens are:

Length of gun (obviously irrelevant)

1/2 Band length

1/2 Wishbone length

Length of gun from middle of band slot to middle shaft fin

Is there another measurement? Maybe from wishbone to shaft fin?

How is the percentage of stretch figuered?

I always made my replacement bands the same as the originals but I may be missing something.

Thanks.

• You can calculate the stretch and the percentage that you want by following this link:

Pesca Sub Blog

I personally prefer double rubber 16mm on guns between 110 and 120 cm and three to four 14mm on longer. :D

• Measure your band stretch which was given to us @ 51 inches. Multiply that by 2 and then divide by 3.5

I merely made an educated guess based on the length of the band's specified @ 24 inches. 24 inch bands for 129cm of band stretch is definitely over 300% and near 350%. I might of been off but I know it's in the ballpark without doing math..:thumbsup2:

Relax & Go Spearfishing

• Agreed :toast:

I'm putting in an order for 50ft of rubber now. Once Dan gets my order, that rubber will be here on the other side of the world to Guam in a week. :thumbsup2:

Guess what I got in the mail this morning? :yay: Thank you Dan, my order was perfect (as usual) :toast2:
    Chase and Canis---thank you for doing the math. I appreciate your time and efforts.
    I went to 3--14mm, small ID short bands cause I am old and weak and wanted a band setup that I could easily load all day that would take down fish at the end of my 2 wrap shooting line. My 7mmX147cm spears hit the end of the 2 wrap so fast that Ive had to switch to Speardiver reels that have bigger axels.

hau saying--"fish r gonna die"

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau ().

• Guess what I got in the mail this morning? :yay: Thank you Dan, my order was perfect (as usual) :toast2:
    Chase and Canis---thank you for doing the math. I appreciate your time and efforts.
    I went to 3--14mm, small ID short bands cause I am old and weak and wanted a band setup that I could easily load all day that would take down fish at the end of my 2 wrap shooting line. My 7mmX147cm spears hit the end of the 2 wrap so fast that Ive had to switch to Speardiver reels that have bigger axels.

hau saying--"fish r gonna die"

The small ID, 14 mm bands aren't much easier to cock than the same length 16 mm. Two of my sons can't cock a Wong 55 hybrid using 25 and 27" 14 mm "Dan Bands" with a 3.5 inch wishbone. :D
    If you do the math, they have almost as much rubber to stretch as a large ID 16mm.