Spearfishing/shooting a 12lb mutton snapper in low visibility

• I posted a picture of the dead mutton in the Antigua thread, thought i would share the video of the shot and recovery... easy stuff really, other than the bad vis and tarpon scaring the shit out of me :laughing:
    Marco it is a dropbox video again so stop bitching :D:) FYI Marco you can choose with dropbox to download the video, this allows you to see it in full quality, and then when you are done delete it... I like this more than the low quality offered by uploading to youtube, also with my slow internet here it allows me more freedom.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ctd…recovery-of-fish.wmv?dl=0

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

Edited once, last by Dude george ().

• I got a bunch of vids like this, didnt think anyone wanted to see bad vis shallow dives ;) So thanks man. I should get to work on a 2014 video and I suppose I could do a reef/bottom fish one as well... time and inspiration in short supply :laughing:

George Steele

• It is different but interesting. Glad you showed it now I know your secret Spotz. :laughing3:

• Dude, that's awesome!
    Great diving, great shooting, and great fish!:thumbsup2:
    I wouldn't call this bad viz, I'd call it "good hunting viz". In viz like this, fish tend to come closer to satisfy their curiosity.
    And are those giant fish tarpon? They look scary as hell!

• Dude, that's awesome!
    Great diving, great shooting, and great fish!:thumbsup2:
    I wouldn't call this bad viz, I'd call it "good hunting viz". In viz like this, fish tend to come closer to satisfy their curiosity.
    And are those giant fish tarpon? They look scary as hell!

Those were the baby tarpon that frequent that spot, lots of 50-80 lb tarpon to suddenly appear and stain my wetsuit [emoji1] Glad you enjoyed it.

George Steele

• Nice video! I don't think that's such a BAD visibility. For muttons is perfect. If you make some noises with your throat (like a pigeon if you get me), they come really close to check you out. ;)

1:40. That's a good dive though. :)

Why do the tarpons scare you?

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Nice video! I don't think that's such a BAD visibility. For muttons is perfect. If you make some noises with your throat (like a pigeon if you get me), they come really close to check you out. ;)

1:40. That's a good dive though. :)

Why do the tarpons scare you?

I suck at noises for fish attracting, one day I will get to dive with someone like you Marco who I can then imitate... second hand on vids doesn't work for me.
    The camera makes it seem clearer than it was, we have sharks and a 80lb tarpon suddenly brushing up or appearing makes my culo pucker [emoji1]

George Steele

• Nice! Yeah I have been deeper than 90 bro, but diving 100 without a gun and with a gun hunting is two very different things as you well know... not sure I could do what you do yet, but then again I really haven't tried. If you or Hank were watching my back I would have a go [emoji6] [emoji106]

George Steele

• Good quick shot. Beauty of a fish.

Youtube allows 720p and 1080p HD video, I don't know what better quality you'd want.

Thanks Dan, It's something about the compression needed for uploading and being played online.

George Steele