Ft Lauderdale beach dive

• av001---I just got a pair of Pargo's medium hard carbon blades.
    We did a pool trial and the medium hard stiffness blades feel perfect for me personally.
    These carbon blades "give me wings" :thumbsup2:
    This is the first pair of carbon blades I have ever worn and I was totally amazed at the difference between my plastic Omer Millinium blades and these carbons.:D
    They even felt good and worked easy on the surface as well as powering from one of the pool to the other on the bottom.
    Sorry for the derail:)

Also----Pargo spent hours with me, installing my new blades, the pool test and installing and adjusting my new Tin Man camera gun mount:thumbsup2:
    Thank you Pargo:toast:

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• Hau,
    now we want pictures in high speed and definition.:thumbsup2:

And now back to our regularly scheduled show. Sorry for derail x 2

• So today was the longest I swam with the DiveR's. They killed my legs! I don't understand what it is. When you first put them on you feel great powerfull everything is nice. But then your legs start feeling the pain. My legs rarely give up on me and I like fins that make you feel like you're moving alot of water but damn I have never been this tired from a shore dive.

Moving on to trying the carbon fins. I tested the DiveR back to back with the carbons. As I said the DiveR feel great for short pool test and powerfull. The carbons are perfect! Only thing I thought was that they where underpowered but that's just cuz they are so easy to swim with there very lite. Also I used the carbons with the dans footpockets witch worked very well for me. As I have writin before finding footpockets for myself is very difficult with my thin feet and these worked very nice with my riffe socks.
    (I'll post more details about the carbon fins tomorrow morn)

Lastly. Put it this way, the moment I got out of the water I told dan put me down for a set of carbons.

-Larry O M. . .

• did someone need a name for a spearfishing gear company?

DANS
    or
    Dan's

i think it is perfect

i like to spear fish

• Had a friend lose a omer shaft to a jewfish on a wreck directly east of the second reef. Did it have a cheater tab?

Davie Peguero

• I found it on the 1st reef. It has a 3rd tab but I don't think it's your friend's shaft. This one has a strange tip that looks like it was welded on but it's hard to say exactly what it was because it's rusted to shit. It's kinda' interesting so I'll take a pic of it tomorrow. I think it might have been a prong.

• It's summer and there's a million boats and divers out there. Fish on the 1st and 2nd reef are skittish, must be due to hunting pressure. The only way to get good fish is to go deep where not too many people can go. And also not on hot spots like wrecks where scuba divers congregate. With Pantoja we usually do well because we dive large areas of reef that's not a target for anyone.

• I don't think you plan to beach dive Marco? and diving from a boat you can bring back quality fish. You may be disappointed with the viz though, unless you regularly go south of Miami.

I haven't been diving here long but this is the way I see it with regards to your question about depth. The 1st and 2nd reef lines are accessible swimming from the beach from Miami to Ft Lauderdale and are like 45ft max depth. Those areas are heavily frequented by all. There are some spots that produce fish more than others but they are all public. In those areas you can get fish at times of year when there's less people in the water (winter) and when there's movement of specific fish. Like spawning of mangroves or influx of cobia. At other times it can be pretty dead but this is also true for all spots off Miami.

When you're getting to 60ft and deeper your doing either the 3rd reef line or wrecks/artifical structure. Small deep spots like wrecks and other artificial structure hold fish and are accessible to much fewer freedivers but they're frequented by scuba spearfishers. Consequently they can be barren depending on the popularity of the spot. Deep reef areas (60-80ft) are large and not targeted by anyone that I've seen. You can drift dive those areas and they will produce.

Generally speaking everything will produce here you just have to hit it at the right time. The viz however is a constant nuisance and to some degree also current but we do get great days sometimes.

Of course living in Miami you're within driving distance from the keys. Over there I believe it's just a matter of knowing your spots for some phenomenal diving and spearing.

• Marco---do not move to Florida:0
    We would all like to have you here, but you would be very, very dissapointed with the spearin here.

Well, is not that I WANT to move, It's more that I MIGHT have to... :rolleyes1:

About the visibility, I grew up spearing in Venezuela, where you don't get more than 15-20 ft very oftenly and you have to dive 70+ feet to get some decent fish...

And no, I normally don't beach dive. That's why you make friends with boats through the Internet, no? :rolleyes1:

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Marco,
    there are much worse places to live in. If you are making $$$$ Miami is a great place to live.