Freedive watch ??

• Hi, I was wondering what most here use as there freedive watch, I see that Aeris has a freedive/air/nitrox watch which looks good and im also familiar with the Suunto D 4 watch, the Suunto seems a bit expensive at or around $600 so im curious as to what most use and the pros and cons of them, thanks all.

• i was watching the sunto d3 some time ago and then a month ago looked at the d4 as you said. honestly i don't see the reason for being so expensive . and never wore one anyways.

• I've used the Suunto Mosquito in the past and now use the Suunto D4. While overpriced, it is one of my most important pieces of gear. I almost never look at it while at depth, but the feedback while breathing up is very valuable. The biggest being length of time on the surface - I almost always feel like I'm ready to dive again after about 1 minute on the surface. Depending on the depth and time of the previous dive that is generally 1 or 2 minutes sooner than I like to go back down. Also, being able to see the max depth and dive time of the last dive coupled with how it felt, lets me guage how I'm diving and lets me track progress when I start settling into diving well.

While I think the D4 is the best available, all of them will do just fine with the features that I use for freediving.

Since I will throw a tank on about 1 time a year, the D4 is also nice in that it will handle Nitrox scuba diving. Since we dive pretty deep, it is nice having a computer that I'm familiar with - I wouldn't want to be learning a computer on a deep dive.

• Yes it's nice to have those functions on the D4 because I dive alot as well and use Nitrox, but, I already have a Suunto Vyper 2 for my comp and to spend over $600 for just freedive capability would be overkill and the wife would say no more spearguns...lol...can't have that now. Agree that a watch is very important for breath up times and I will look around some more for a better price, thanks.

• not a pussy magnet for sure! I do use to keep track of surf intervals when diving fairly deep, when diving shallow, I usually don't paay attention to the watch.

I also like to keep an eye on dive times to see how I'm diving, I used to keep track of all that stuff and download the graphs to the PC, it's kind of cool to look at the dive profiles, maybe I'll start doing that again and piss some people off on SB :D

China V.I.P

• I got the D4, sold my Suunto Vyper 2 dive comp and got the D4 so I can use it for both scuba and freedive, nice watch.