Spearfishing Club Idea

• Hi everybody, I would like to bring an idea that I've had for a while to the forum.I think that we have a lot of good divers here that are willing to share a lot of their knowledge with others, unlike other places that I've been.I think that it would be a good idea to start a spearfishing club, were we could go out together, share information , have friendly competitions and plan club trips. Adrian and I try doing something like that and we did not like what we found, a lot of this divers cheat to get prices, really do not have any interest in teaching other spearos any new methods . I think that this is a good idea specially to get the store going and to put those great products out there. I have a 20 foot boat that I'am willing to put to good use, the vehicle that I currently own is not able to pull it, Im located on davie and I95 in Fort Lauderdale. Please let me know what you think.

Thank you

• I kind of think that this forum already is a little diving club...we share lots of great info and stories.

I would love to dive w you whenever, but my camry aint pulling sh1t :)

i like to spear fish

• Im all for it, I live in Boca Raton and would love to dive with members when time permit's, I will be purchasing a boat in December and look forward to bringing anyone who cares to come out with me to dive and we can post stories and photos of our fish afterwards. It would be nice to become friends with several here in person and down the road plan simple trips together, something nice would be simple bahama's runs on my boat when I get it.

• Im all for it, I live in Boca Raton and would love to dive with members when time permit's, I will be purchasing a boat in December and look forward to bringing anyone who cares to come out with me to dive and we can post stories and photos of our fish afterwards. It would be nice to become friends with several here in person and down the road plan simple trips together, something nice would be simple bahama's runs on my boat when I get it.

that sounds like a lot of fun..slings and hogs :)

i like to spear fish

• I wont dive in the bahamas shark infested waters with a crappy sling in my hand.:nono:

Good idea about the club, it seems I only dive with 2 or 3 members here out of the 50 in our area.

• it's a great idea, and true we are something like a club already , still , we need to get together sometime or another and do what friends do. thats for sure. I have a boat too , but pretty soon it'll be gone , but still I have a truck that can tow that boat you are talking about , so when my boat is gone feel free to call me and use the truck , I'll probably be gone for 10 months , thats the bad part , but anyways that kind of time goes pretty fast , and I'll be back in no time.

• Well, I agree I think it is a great idea. IMHO it is the best way to meet other people with similar interests. It sucks not having someone to dive with, and I am sure that we can all learn something from each other. I tried the longfins for a while but that did work out. SOME of the guys there were all about getting points towards nationals and screw everyone else. I like competing as long as everyone is having a good time and I don't a problem with sharing what I know (fishing spots included).

• aaron , I'm going to turk and caicos to captain a 40 ft fishing boat .
    guys , as long as competitions it's all right as long as it doesn't get to our heads. what i mean is that anytime we go fishing we look to the side to see what the others cought , and in a sense we all want to get the best fish and it's ok , but I don't like to think I'm getting in the water to impress or to be better than anyone. let's buy some fucking beer and go to dan's on sunday . I'll bring a couple muttons and ribs or something.

• well , if anyone is serious about this I'm in . just post here what you wanna do and we can discuss it at dan's on sunday afternoon. if nothing's to be don well . it's ok . I got to go to naples today if some of you want to get together let me know and I'll be back tonite or tomorrow early. or you can come to my house if anyone hates dan , but still he'll show .:D

• Im in, lets get together and if someone hates Dan, thats ok we could meet at a bar to watch the dolphins play, But Dan will show anyways.My number is 954 529 9092, Dan has it as well.