Hello from PR and Dominican Republic!

• Hi:

My name is Jorge Luis. Im from Puerto Rico and have 23 years, Im a biologist and also a veterinary student at the Universidad Central del Este at Dominican Republic. As you may guess this two islands are my diving spots :D. I was introduced to this forum by attan, a great friend of mine and also a great spearfisher. We began our spearfishing specifically in Ballena Beach at Yauco, PR. At first we were so rookies that we just have one speargun, no gloves, bodyboarding fins, a cheap mask and snorkel, but also a lot ignorance and urges to fish as you can see. :crazy:

As the time passed by, we encountered serious problems from the lack of gear, like boat passing very close to us, also bites from eels, bull and tiger shark sightings, hipotermia, lost tips and fish and other stuff I cannot say here hehehehe, we gained more experience and with that, more necessary gear. Thanks God I didnt lost my finger from that eel!!! but almost!!!:thumbsup2:

In PR, when Im in vacations, attan and I go to Guanica, Rincon, Yauco, Cabo Rojo and other costal towns in here. The fish are abundant, healthy but pretty smart!!! No wonder they got so big!! Now in the Dominican republic i havent found a trustworthy companion for a 4 hour fishing schedule, but i have snorkeled with some friends and i can say its pretty much like here, hey, its the same sea.

I was introduced to this sport by my brother in law, Ousama Bin Salha, a great guy, and also an awesome spearfisher. he tought me everyting i needed to know, and also the gear that I needed, but by that time I didnt listen to his warnings :@, bad bad bad. Now we know better and have a gloves, diving fins, better masks and snorkels, wetsuits, boys, flags, fish holders.... welll you know, all of that. he is coming in June to PR from Lebanon where he lives and spearfish every week, I hope i can introduce him to you all.

At fist i had a JBL explorer 20, before the carbine attan and I used both and gotted tired of switching so everyone could fish hehehe. Now I use a 42 special AB Biller. Over time i have captured groupers, jacks, hogfishes, cowfish, barracudas, rays, spiny lobsters, sleepy crabs, etc. If I can i will post videos and photos of our fishing trips!!

Well I think thats all of my presentation, hope to meet you all, and even better to speargun side by side with you guys some day!!! If you are interested in spearfishing here and get to know each other, you can fly here and stay at my home, in PR or DR!!! tke care dudes and good hunting.

PS. If the sea isnt appropiate to spearfish, its appropiate to surf so either way, we win!!! :cool2:

:puertorico:Shakrak Spearfishing Team... We hunt togheter down the abyss... nothing more, nothing less.

[[===#####===============================-------->
    ........####----------------------------------------------.^^OOO
    .........### \ .|
    .........## | \ |
    .........## ___/
    ........##

Aim FAST... Strike HARD

• welcome bro!!..wow a lot of flashback memories with the rookie stuff..we learned with all that expirience..best times in my life...here are a lot of good and humble people..check around..this is my friend and spearfishing partner..treat him well guys..enjoy the best forum bro..:thumbsup2:

• Hey Jorge! welcome to the forum. Great to have you here. Can't wait read your post. Sounds like we could learn alot from you and vice versa!:good:
    BTW thanks for the story. I enjoyed it.

• Bienvenido Jorge, las historias son buenas, siempre le acuerdan muchas cosas a uno.

Welcome bro.

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

• thanks to all of you!! Im really sorry for not answering earlier, its cause my PC went crazy!!! I will post more photos and videos of me and attan spearfishing here soon (cause he caught a 5 lb spiny lobster yesterday), when i get my camera back. I think it broke cause it was supposed to go only to 30 feet, and I really think we went much deeper than that, maybe 60 feet??, sooo there goes $300... shuold have got a better spaergun than that... Anyway spearfishing is great. I still dont know how to make a thread coul you guys help me?

I hope to sperfish some day with you guys, and learn, cause I still got loooots to learn as we have seen...

cheket!!! y gracias d nuevo a todos, no me imagine q fueran tan cool con los nuevos!!

Shakrak spearfishing team- We hunt together in the abyss
    Aim fast... strike hard

:puertorico:Shakrak Spearfishing Team... We hunt togheter down the abyss... nothing more, nothing less.

.........### \ .|
    .........## | \ |
    .........## ___/
    ........##

Aim FAST... Strike HARD

• thats a nice bug attan. sure looks like 5 pound to me. how you catch it ? are you allowed to shoot them in
    PR ?
    try to learn how to upload pics in the forum. its not that complicated. would like to see some more of yours and your friends catches.
    all the best

• It was huge dude...

.........### \ .|
    .........## | \ |
    .........## ___/
    ........##

Aim FAST... Strike HARD

• tinu
    its illegal to spear a lobster here in Puerto Rico...we try to catch them with our hands...not easy...but when its neccesary we spear them...i think you understand im trying to make it out a living...I sell my fish...most of the time my lobsters too i cant eat them im allergic damn it i love their meat..i really like fish so i try to spearfish daily basis to have food for me..you and asesino where the inspiration for me..that kind of humble life is perfect to me...just enjoy the island you know.....hope to go diving with your trinidad tobagoo krew someday..bless...

PD=richard parkison,his dad and you make the best videos available on you tube...keep em coming..i just watch them daily basis and the forum caribbean section too...I learned a lot...

Edited once, last by Guest ().