sdeisen little fish reports

• Out with Nate this morning, 930-330 very fair seas and decent viz
    We paddled straight out to the 3rd reef ledge and dropped right in on fish. Nate shot a nice mangrove right off the bat,, hopefully he can tell us what size.. it was a nice stretch of ledge and there was a lot of life. I had a nice mangrove tear off (and would have 2 nicer ones tear off today) I came across a section of ledge at about 65ft holding three legal + blacks but they were just a little too cautious

we moved around some, i shot a mutton, nate shot some more nice mangroves and a nice schoolmaster

we came to a spot where i had a gag and big mangrove tear off and hole up and these two nurses were really on top of it, but in the end they showed us where the fish were
    this one was really digging

and we shot a bunch more mangroves,,

some of the mangroves were really nice, I had two tear off that wwould of been the best of the day by far and I never retrieved them, I think I'm going back to two bands.

Also Nate puked 55 ft below. Camera missed it.
    If you take anything from today's story its that we saw a lot of mangroves

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• And underwater vomit. I always assumed I'd suck in water and then puke that and drown. I'm glad that didn't happen

Nice pics. Great report thanks.

Two bands for sure.

i like to spear fish

• haha I had a shot of a buddy puking through his snorkle, but Idk what happened to it. Had another guy puke through a regulator. Dont do that, it tends to mess it up lol. Nice report man. Why'd you switch to 1 band in the first place if you dont mind me asking?

• haha I had a shot of a buddy puking through his snorkle, but Idk what happened to it. Had another guy puke through a regulator. Dont do that, it tends to mess it up lol. Nice report man. Why'd you switch to 1 band in the first place if you dont mind me asking?

I always had 2 like everyone else then I broke one and had a lot of success using just one, the band was new and short though the one i'm using now is long and sort of worn out,,,

• Puking at depth sounds a lot worse than it is, although I'm sure it has the potential of being dangerous should you inhale immediately after. I was a bit too warm in my suit so feeling kind of queezy. I also wasn't wearing my hood because lately I'm extremely paranoid of boats and I can't hear shit with the hood on. Anyway, when I hit the bottom and lifted my head, the hood pulled on my neck and I just instantaneously lost it.. first for everything I guess.

It was a great day of diving, beautiful condition and great fish.

Ohhh, and I watched a 4 ft nurse shark sneak within a couple feet of Steven while he was looking for a wounded fish under a ledge. He jumped about 10ft and screamed like a little girl. :rolleyes1: At least I puke like a man. :D

• Hahahaha awww how cute. Steven is scared of a nurse pup.

Hehehe I am totally joking of course. A small nurse has made me yell underwater and abort a dive or two

i like to spear fish

• Sounds like you guys had a pretty killer day. Nice work. Overheating in my suit also makes me chum the water. :blahblah2: Last time I puked I got attacked by a school of Remoras.

• Cool pictures, sorry to hear you lost that many fish. I used to have my guns with a single "short" 20 mm band and it worked great and it was faster loading. I ended up switching to two 5/8 just because it was easier to load and gave me the possibility of powering down to one band to shoot in holes and such.

• I should probably change this to Sdeisen and Nate's little fish reports.
    Nate and I got out early at 8 this morning to some pretty volatile conditions. It was real pleasant when we geared up and got the Yaks in the water, then at some point paddling out everything suddenly went dark as if someone hit the light switch and a cool west wind picked up. It started really blowing and it looked like water spout territory so we anchored up and hopped in the water. No fish to be seen in shallow so when the wind subsided (marginally) we paddled east to the outside of a ledge in 70feet. There was too much current there so we found a nice sweet spot in about 45feet and stayed for a few hours. Nate and I both took triggers and hogs and got to enjoy some clear water and a few unusual sites (a pair of beast queen triggers among others). Anyways a very enjoyable day but very exhausting on account of the wind. I left my gopro in the car and Nate's died, which is a shame cause the viz was actually very good. Oh and it was my first day in my new Speardiver suit which is amazing and Nate's first day since hes been duck infatuated.

P.S these fish are maybe a little pushed

• I should probably change this to Sdeisen and Nate's little fish reports.
    Nate and I got out early at 8 this morning to some pretty volatile conditions. It was real pleasant when we geared up and got the Yaks in the water, then at some point paddling out everything suddenly went dark as if someone hit the light switch and a cool west wind picked up. It started really blowing and it looked like water spout territory so we anchored up and hopped in the water. No fish to be seen in shallow so when the wind subsided (marginally) we paddled east to the outside of a ledge in 70feet. There was too much current there so we found a nice sweet spot in about 45feet and stayed for a few hours. Nate and I both took triggers and hogs and got to enjoy some clear water and a few unusual sites (a pair of beast queen triggers among others). Anyways a very enjoyable day but very exhausting on account of the wind. I left my gopro in the car and Nate's died, which is a shame cause the viz was actually very good. Oh and it was my first day in my new Speardiver suit which is amazing and Nate's first day since hes been duck infatuated.

P.S these fish are maybe a little pushed
    http://i47.tinypic.com/bfg7de.jpg

Nice hogs! :thumbsup2: Glad to hear they day turned out decently. Riding to work in the wind and rain I was wondering how crappy it was out there.

Queen triggers are cool. Ive only seen a few small ones but they are beautiful fish.

• hahaha those camera tricks worked well on those fish. :D

• Nate did get in the water with me yesterday too cept I was at work under the boats... dude surface polespeared a 5 lb sheepshead off the chum slick of barnacles i was knocking :D