sdeisen little fish reports

• I like to think that if he had seen us he would have atleast throttled down and circled back to make sure everybody was ok. I really don't think that he saw us at any point in time. With the lack of boats on the water yesterday, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was on some type of auto nav.

• Did you have a dive flag up?

Looks like the other yak has a dive flag up at 1:18.

That was a close one. Maybe send the video to the local harbor masters? How do you go about getting a hold of these jerks?

That is a good reason to want to free shaft right there. You would just need a little pirate flag when the shaft hits there boat.

• I was anchored right next to Steven, he had his flag up, but I didn't have mine up. I definitely should have though, although not sure it would have made a difference.

• Hey guys. I watched the vid a few more times and for us yak and shore dive guys it is very informative. Maybe post it in a new thread about safety from boats or near shore risks.

I don't want to derail this great thread but it does deserve to get a lot of attention

i like to spear fish

• A few vids thrown together cause I'm procrastinating with school work and itching to get in the water,, some solo dives, some deeper, some shallower, some clearer, some murkier,, a few with Nate (when he was nice enough to let me use his civil war era Omer speargun)
    do at least 720 for watchabilities sake

Hwood October - YouTube

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Nice video, the pilgrims used that very omer to take fish for the first thanksgiving.. don't hate.

• shoredive with Nate today in Hollywood
    Today was a lot of fun and a lot of work.
    We swam out in about 6 feet of viz that got only marginally better until we got to the ledge. Then the 20ish feet of viz seemed like a Polynesian wonderland after the long murky swim out. The current and surge were really strong. We drifted quite a ways from where we started and covered a lot of reef. The entire way we stayed right on the edge of where the clean water met the milky water. I missed on a nice Mangrove and Nate had another one tear off. I shot a pretty nice Mack that Nate had to put a second shot in. While trying to get it on the stringer I saw some light tan colored things coming in fast out of the murk, it wound up being 3 or 4 small blacktip or spinner sharks.. They were super fiesty and I had to poke one in the nose and it still wouldn't leave. Nate shot an amberjack a few moments later and half the pack shifted over to him.. I told him they were here but he didnt notice and they were circling him less than 3 feet away, it was very funny I still cant believe they didnt bump him.. anyway very nice day, saw lots of turtles, bonita, ballyhoo, etc

also waters gettin cooler

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Great day, there was a ton of life around despite the less than perfect conditions.. and we got dinner. :thumbsup2:

• when i fised in cuba, we were 't much afraid of the big sharks, the little ones though were a really pain in the ass, they come in schools and are so fast ! we tried to kill one and hang it with the rest of the fish and they most of times would go away. and the one in the float would be aeten by the other sharks ... us. lol.