sdeisen little fish reports

• Hau-Thank you brother, miss diving with you, I still expect to see a blue scupper pull up every time I go out

Dan- I think he was looking further back or something, I was too lazy to make a video this time

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• That ceviche looks so good, I regret not having any.:(

• Out today from 12-500
    Conditions were OK topside, a little choppy and windy but OK.
    I paddled out to the backside of the second and I could sort of make out the bottom so I jumped in, luckily it was the right spot in about 50 feet. I wanted to go out further cause i had a good lunch but the viz was poor. and not getting better with depth
    Found & shot 2 mangroves, a porgy that looks like a dentex and a hog.
    I also soaked my phone :(
    Hope some others got out

• Out today from 12-500
    Conditions were OK topside, a little choppy and windy but OK.
    I paddled out to the backside of the second and I could sort of make out the bottom so I jumped in, luckily it was the right spot in about 50 feet. I wanted to go out further cause i had a good lunch but the viz was poor. and not getting better with depth
    Found & shot 2 mangroves, a porgy that looks like a dentex and a hog.
    I also soaked my phone :(
    Hope some others got out

If you see a Porgy out there with half of his jaw ripped off, that's the bastard that ripped himself off my spear a few days back. I also shot another one and as soon as I did, half of his body around the shaft turned all black almost instantly. Was kind of strange how they do that. Not sure if it was a camo thing or I shot his heart and he was bleeding out internally.

• If you see a Porgy out there with half of his jaw ripped off, that's the bastard that ripped himself off my spear a few days back. I also shot another one and as soon as I did, half of his body around the shaft turned all black almost instantly. Was kind of strange how they do that. Not sure if it was a camo thing or I shot his heart and he was bleeding out internally.

I think that it is an involuntary reaction due to nerve damage. I have seen it happen with rockfish, ling, and halibut here in Cali. They don't always turn black, sometimes they turn white, or a mixture of their colors. Every time it has happened because of a spine shot. Some times, all of the body changes color.

• I think that it is an involuntary reaction due to nerve damage. I have seen it happen with rockfish, ling, and halibut here in Cali. They don't always turn black, sometimes they turn white, or a mixture of their colors. Every time it has happened because of a spine shot. Some times, all of the body changes color.

That seems like a logical explanation. Look at the hogfish in this pic. He turned white near the dorsal fin where I hit him and also below that. But hogs do their little camo change of colors if they're trying to hide also.

• Jose, if you're referring to my post, yes, the third fish from the left is a black grouper.

(sorry for the slight derail Steve...:)

Ups! :(
    I apologize sdeisen .... But, here I have a pics of bleached aguadera for shot, later recovered its original color.

PD:Please do not laugh from my face, I was very tired, had left my fins in the car and arrived at the fishing site purchase (yellow nemdor) the only thing I had, I had a very bad to dive. :)

por favor, no se rian de mi cara, estaba muy cansado, habia dejado mi aletas en el carro y cuando llegamos al sitio de pesca compre (nemdor amarillas) lo unico que había, la pasé muy mal para sumergirme.

Un Hombre tiene que creer en algo.......
    Creo que me iré de pesca!!!

• Out with Natedawg today/tonight
    We got in the water about 6 and dove till the very last light
    Ocean was pretty lively today,we saw a ton of muttons right on the verge of size and some smart ones that were well above size. Also saw some sizable yellowjacks, porgies and macks.

Nate shot some nice porgies and I got a mack and hog and porgy
    Gettin pretty in tune with the gun im using right now. Enough time and dives have passed