"La sombra" strikes again....

• I knew it. Great story. I can tell you guys are good friends because the few times somebody dove on me I didn't take it so lightly. Another appropriate nickname would be "the pressure" but "la sombra" works on a couple of levels :D

Carmelo doesn't use the computer much? Let's hear his side of the story!

• Jajaja buena la historia Marcos, mi sobrino hace eso y me encabrona a veces cuando se las echa y me dice que es jodon y que pesca mas, le digo asi cualquiera pesca mijo.

No pude ir este fin de semana mucho trabajo y este que viene parece que estare igual.

Pucho

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

• I knew it. Great story. I can tell you guys are good friends because the few times somebody dove on me I didn't take it so lightly. Another appropriate nickname would be "the pressure" but "la sombra" works on a couple of levels :D

Carmelo doesn't use the computer much? Let's hear his side of the story!

Carmelo doesn't have a computer (and doesn't speak a single word of english), but his side of the story is the same. He's got his excuses as "Yo me acerqué para rematarlo, por si se te desgarra" and so on.... But then he laughs his ass off....

His nickname was sorted by Naranjo, a Cuban that goes fishing with us (not this time), because he says Carmelo always puts pressure over his head... :rolleyes1:

Actually we have a great team and we are always laughing and making fun of each other on our way to and back from the fishing spots. This one is almost two hours driving from San Juan, so you can tell...

Carmelo is like my "little" brother (actually he is 6'3") and I appreciate him a lot. When I first met him 3 years ago, he used to swim after the fish in 10' of water. Now he is one of the best spearos I know.

Pucho y Fernando: Ya cuadraremos una salida juntos. ;)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• That is a nice story. Fishing buddies are the best specially spearing buddies.:thumbsup2: I hope to make the same kind of progress as Carmelo did.

• Damn anotehr proof why i'm so home sick. I talk to carmelo on christmas. couplke of days before he was getting married. i beleive the same day he got his bachelor party i beleive. i remember when he was getting into spearfishing. But you can still see he got so much natural potential in the sport. Looks that i was right. he is doing awesome. Hey Marco say hi to him as well... We got so much friends in common but i think i only met you once.

• Carmelo is now by far the one who gets more fish of us. He will tell you how he learned...

Probably by hanging with you guys. I just saw the video where you guys were taking a lot of water landing the shark. I love to see how they get defensive everytime someone mention they are going to realease him. I can tell that Rodolfo was pissed. :laughing3:. How many shots you guys gave him. Plus i heard you and Carmelo mentioning that the shark went after you 2 when shot is that right?. Will love to hear the story.:D.
    Really wish i could go out with Rodolfo, you and naranjo + Carmelo. I know all of them and i trust them very much on the water. Hope we can meet when i visit PR hopefully in the summer and go hit the reefs and get some good Ceviche done.:D

• To make the long story short:

Carmelo shot the shark at the gills and Rodolfo descended several times trying to place a head shot to control the bitch (was a female). I had a Riffe C3 with a brand new shaft and Plamen Kolev slip tip and didn't wat to loose it...
    At the 6th Rodolfo's try I went down, aimed at the head and suddenly the shark turned and came after me with the mouth wide open. I matter of instants, I shot and the shaft entered the shark just below the jaw and came out from the asshole! I don't even want to think what would happened if I missed that shot...

Of course, I lost my brand new shaft, but we could get the shark. It took 3 shots in total. Rodolfo took the last one.

Here are the pictures of the shark:

• Damn a shot in the mouth trough the perdition hole.:rolleyes1:. I cant begin to imagine how she felt.:laughing3:. Though that is some good looking reff shark right? When the seas are like that day dealing with a shark in the surface is not a good idea. I can see the mess it created and plus you guys got lots of water in the boat. But nice Picture. damn Rodolfo is getting bigger by the minute.:D. Congratz on that bad boy