Speargun maintenance

• There some kind of maintenance that we have to do to ours rubbers spearguns?
    I always rinse with water, but i see in the R.A. web site they sell a silicone spray for the rubbers and wishbones...
    Can i buy a "normal" silicone spray for my rubbers? (they already take some "withe stains" color outside)

• Ivan, I don't do any regular maintenance with my wood gun which has all stainless steel components ie trigger mechanisms and shafts. I rinse it with water because if I don't the salt will keep the gun wet and sticky, no other reason. Bands will deteriorate faster with use than if stored improperly so I don't do anything to the bands on the gun either. I do keep my bulk rubber tubing in the fridge. If you don't use the gun for a long time you may want to take off the bands and put them in the fridge.

One thing to avoid with wood guns is leaving them in your car in a very hot climate, the stock can warp. Also every few months if there are any nicks in the finish of the wood I will touch them up with penetrating epoxy.

• ivan lopez73,
    I agree with seahunter49. Do all he said. Also, I keep my bands out of the sunlight as much as possible to stop UV damage to the bands by storing the gun out of the sunlight as much as possible. At the end of the spearing day I like to throw all my gear in a fresh water tank to soak first while I clean fish, wash the boat, etc. Then I rinse off my gear with fresh water spray and then carry it into the air conditioned house to dry and store till the next spear trip. Hope this is helpful. Just my opinion.
    hau

• Rinse the gun, avoid direct sunlight and oil it from time to time(If it´s a wooden gun) It doesn´t need it but it certainly looks better after oiling it :) Replace the old shooting line every season or if it has some nicks on it.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• thanks all..
    Its normale that "white color" that my rubbers take?
    Could be the "hard water" that we have here in our houses in Rome?

Ivan, i asume that you are using amber rubbers, they are the most prone to become white with water. It will dissappear as long as you rinse it with some silicone spray. Do not leave rubber in the water or water on the rubber.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• a few other reasons why pneumatics rule! :laughing3:

Sorry i coudln't resist! :D

• a few other reasons why pneumatics rule! :laughing3:

Sorry i coudln't resist! :D

Pneumatics need careful maintenance. If you've let the muzzle of a pneumatic touch the sand make sure you do a careful rinse job. Because if you don't on the next loading you may just hear grrrrrrrrr and then psssssss :atongue:

• Other than wash it off every so often I take it apart and polish all the pieces to a mirrror shine. It helps with a smoother trigger pull if you can polish the mating faces of the trigger and sear.

Davie Peguero

• Ivan, i asume that you are using amber rubbers, they are the most prone to become white with water. It will dissappear as long as you rinse it with some silicone spray. Do not leave rubber in the water or water on the rubber.

Im using the R.A. blue rubbers..yesterday i put a film of Nivea cream :0 on it, i hope thats works

• Puts an image in my head of the bands slipping through your hands on loading and the articulated metal wishbone (if that's what the gun has) taking off a finger. Make sure you wash the bands with detergent before use.

• Puts an image in my head of the bands slipping through your hands on loading and the articulated metal wishbone (if that's what the gun has) taking off a finger. Make sure you wash the bands with detergent before use.

jajajajaja...i imaginate something like that

• Im using the R.A. blue rubbers..yesterday i put a film of Nivea cream :0 on it, i hope thats works

La cagaste! Lava esa mierda lo antes posible!!! Nivea creme as well as other petroleum based creams/oils swell latex rubber.

Just fresh water all over the gun and let it dry in the shade in a well ventilated place. Forget about white color. Your rubber bands should last for at least 6 months (usually more). Then, you can replace them with any 16 mm bands you find in Italy.

Don't even toch the shaft. RA shafts tend to rust when the loose the surface treatment.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Wash your gear in Water Bambino, what do you want to make love to it?!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Autocross Junkie