• Looking at some pelaj stuff on scubasworld. Talk about overpriced crap. Most of their stuff I can make myself for 5 or more times less. Their float is only $90. I think their markup is 1000%

Davie Peguero

Edited once, last by seaweed ().

• I've been following the Pelaj thread. It's interesting that at this point it went a little beyond drama. Grogan is demanding that one of the members who said something negative about pelaj identify himself to him privately with a drivers license. It's obvious the grogan has stakes in this as he's providing an advertising venue for pelaj. I say this without knowing any specific detail about how much financial interest there is. I don't have much sympathy for pelaj simply due to their prices and I think they must be kicking themselves in the head for choosing to go with spearbroad. They obviously were ignorant as to how things go on spearbroad and who they're dealing with. In this particular case as far as bad reviews of their product looks like where there's smoke there's fire. It's funny to me to think that the grogan probably never loaded or fired a pipe gun.

• I'd ask what the difference is between the magnum and regular to know where the $250 went but I'm just not interested in those guns, not even for encyclopedic reference. I'll assume it goes into the extra band :D On the other hand I believe people should put their own value on their work, but I can have my opinion.

or you could just spend about 200 bucks on a solid gun like an RA or rabitech that will slay just as much fish as the 500 woodies or the 1k hybrids.

wolf is indeed sponsored by pelaj, I have seen the 120cm and the float line/float, it looks well made, nicely finished. I don't like the handle, I did not try it, but looked bulky. Sounds like they are at a higher price point than similar railguns.

China V.I.P

• it looks like the thread was bad for business.

it was just some guy giving his opinion that the guns suck, on the other hand some other people

who got the guns for free endorse them.

• Alan, That right there is the defining principle of spearbroad.

Rolo, I saw your "What happened to the pelaj thread?" thread, way to stick to Grogan. As we all know he's a conniving POS so there's no need to prove what he's doing. But for fun I looked into SpearingFish posting history. He has been on spearbroad for a while and his style and location is consistent. He has signed his name, Eugene Tanaka, and made references to diving with members of the board. His interest in Poker has also been consistent and is evident with various results from a google search for his name and the word poker http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:6XnRW_RLCB0J:www.pokerpages.com/tournament/result13639.htm+%22Eugene+Tanaka%22+poker&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us

The guy is for real and simply stated his opinion although it's obvious he's partial to Sumora and Rabitech. If he did delete his own thread I'm sure he was pressured into it by Grogan directly or through a third party. A simple pm to him could clear that up but why bother since it's been done before.

• Now I know what you guys were talking about when you saw that float on my boat!!!! I thought you guys were just joking around. That's ridiculous, I'm sorry.

I saw the Pelaj guys pitching their guns into Austins Dive Shop, I didn't like the handle, but they are interchangeable for a thinner one. The guns looked nice and felt solid, but I only got a cursory look.

They have to be careful entering a pretty crowded market. Spearguns are relatively simple, so it's pretty hard to provide any real innovation that someone hasn't thought of and sold before. In my mind, the only way to get an edge or charge higher in the railgun market is to provide bulletproof quality...or warranty.

• These floats really are built well. I just got a few here and am very impressed with the make up of the float. Extremely well made, great screw in flag and well balanced. They appear to be able to take a quite a bit of abuse.

:laughing3:

• I am getting a pelaj railgun (Kanji 120) as a result of a trade off. I´m actually happy with that trade. But there is no way in this conniving cunty world :) that i could possible afford to spend 500+ bucks in a railgun. That is a capital Sin ...

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• Yesterday i finally got the pelaj kanji wet, not for hunting but for a from the beach target underwater practice. It didn´t impress me much. The spear shaft is too short and too heavy, the slings too long and i was hitting high somehow. The nice thing is that it was consistenly high :) the aiming is not great, but the gun is easy to dive with and to reload. The power is o.k. and doesn´t have much recoil. The handle is weird ... I should practice a bit more and introduce the gun to a fish to give my final veredict ...:D

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• When I first started using Rob Allens, which IMO are quite similar to these Pelajs, all my shots where high. Once you get used to it you won't miss a shot. ;)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.