Broward Beach Conditions

• I finally back in the water after a long long time.

A simple shore dive, in the 954 area.

Day started like this,

Drove up, enjoyed music, easy drive, found a parking space, which is rare that late in the day 1pm
    Geared up,

Dive Report:
    -Warm warm water, almost to hot.
    -boat traffic wasn't bad.
    -first and second reef were very silty unless you load on the floor then it seemed you had 20' viz.
    -once I got to the 3rd reef everything opened up.
    -30'+ viz and a lot more life.
    -it was beautiful being out in the water again.
    -one hog is all that was taken.
    -saw a huge grouper but no shot.

I head home, unpack and decide to go to the car wash and get the seats shampooed.
    -turn into the place and BAM!!!

My car got messed up, picture doesn't really show it.

No one hurt, everyone was nice.
    Shitty way to end a beautiful day on the water.

• Of course it is Dan.
    Perfect arrow, it just needs a better Indian.

Waiting for you to release the new SD wood gun.

Yeah insurance covers it. I just didnt have time for this right now. I guess there's never a good time for this.

• Went out today just south of Vista Park.

Bad viz but workable. Saw some fish nothing big. Definitely better viz than yesterday when we went out in Hallandale.

My partner started feeling sick as we were approaching the end of first reef so we went back.. didn't even have a chance to load the bands... oh well.

edit:

this was yesterday's dive

it should clear up soon

• Had blast yesterday with mark and frank on marks boat.

Left the port and worked some relief then some natural structure and then some man made stuff.

Ended with a bunch of schoolie size yellow jacks for some ceviche. A nice snapper a toro and a goatfish ended up in the cooler as well

There was flat oceans and little wind when we started but it kicked up to about 2f in tight sets from the south. Made for a bouncy run home

Viz was do able in 25ft. A little better in 35.

i like to spear fish

• How was the current? It was ripping so hard to the north on Wednesday and Thursday.

• Yeah, the moon typically gets the water moving, but this current was damn near unbearable unless you're live boating. Maybe the super moon made super current.

• Current is always a mystery to me. Sometimes I go out expecting it to be ripping based on the moon and tides and its like a pool. Other times its the opposite.

Yesterday was for me a much needed good time. My work to dive ratio has been really screwed up lately and yesterday was a big step in the right direction. Viz wasnt good but it was good enough. It also got really sloppy as the day went on. Was lucky enough to have my brother captaining so I got to do a lot of diving. Got a few fish and missed/chased even more. I think frank got some cool pics with his new cam I am excited to see. Also got to have fun with good friends and brought my dads 4th child back in one piece ( his boat )

• Went out today.. the current was way too much. It pushed us 10 blocks north from where we started.. and we were swimming against it the whole time.

The visibility wasn't that bad. We didn't go half way past the first reef because it was just way too rough. No fish but we did see many lobsters.

Here are some pics

Our launching point, who can guess where this is? :)

The lobsters

The visibility

Also found this mask at the reefs. I wonder what's the story behind it. It is clearly a freediving mask. Anyone know what brand this is?

• Nice pics, thanks for the report.

It's not a "freediving" mask because it has a clear skirt.

Thanks for the gopro, I'm in love with this thing!

Interesting. Its a low volume mask, that is why I figured it would be for freediving. It was all the way out there