• on the beach at 0900

begin---------------------------------end
    wind from SW at 5mph------------from NNE at 12mph
    water temp. 74 in 40fsw
    current 0----------------------------from North at 2mph
    viz 45f in 40fsw--------------------22 in 22fsw:(
    seas 1 1/2f in 40fsw---------------2f in 22fsw
    air temp. 60deg cloudless--------75deg cloudless

best day hunting yet. got 1 20in trigger, 1 16 and 1 18in hog. Saw a big fat 6f green eel,
    3 different nurse sharks, 2 turtles and lots of short fish. Viz went bad half way through the dive.
    The viz change was like a wall coming down current. I could swim into and out of the viz change like going through a curtain that was going South. The viz change was so pronounced that I thought a cruise or container ship had dumped before going into the harbor:0 I never saw anything like that before.

• That is usually how it is diving south of the port everglades inlet. Vis is usually good and no current but when the tide starts going out current picks up and you can see a big yellow wall of colder water in the distance closing in on you.

Davie Peguero

• seaweed,--That is exactly what it was:thumbsup2:
    I just kept going South to stay ahead of the crap yellow viz wall.
    Thanks for the great correct answer. I'll keep an eye on the tide
    times from now on when I go there.
    Thank you

• Several of us are meeting at Dania pier tomorrow [1-11-9] at 0830. Any and all are invited. We mainly use yaks but 1-2 may boogy board. We have extra boards and maybe extra yak seat. We freedive spearfish 20-40fsw. Weather is posted to be good, 2f or less, light winds. Again any and all are invited. If you need more info please PM me or others or email me at haujphnson@gmail.com
    This is not a spearin tourniment!

• At Dania pier beach at 0900

begin-------------------------------------------end
    wind from N at 5mph-------------------------from SSW at aprox 10mph
    water temp. 73deg in 30fsw
    current 0--------------------------------------from N at 1.5mph and climbing
    viz 45f in 30fsw------------------------------35f in 30fsw
    seas 1f in 30fsw-----------------------------almost flat in 30fsw
    air temp.60deg cloudless-------------------78deg PC

Had a great day with spearos Scott Rapp and friend, fishingdude,yaudon, flamencoguru
    and LunkerBuster. I had to quit early and they were still slayin the fish:) I don't know what all
    they got, hopefully they will all tell their fish stories:D I did a hail Mary shot at a passing big cero, saw him
    flash once and then he was out of sight and line started going off my reel:D He must had been almost to the end of my double wrap RA130[aprox 25f from the gun tip] when I hit him as the shaft did not come out the other side of him. The hit was good and he was hurt bad but I could not put any tension on the line for fear of him tearing off. I yelled for help and Scott swam towards me. I yelled 'shoot him, shoot him 'and Scott put a perfect shot through the cero and I was able to get a hand in the ceros throat. The cero measured 34inches. We
    couldn't believe the whole event:D I might have lost the cero without Scotts perfect shot:)
    A great day with good spearos doing what we love to do. Thanks to all

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 3 times, last by hau ().

• thanks seaweed

pargo--the rest of the teamwork came in when flamencoguru lost his RA shaft early in the hunt and before I went in to shore I sold him my RA shaft and enough line off my reel so he could hunt the rest of the day.
    He was very happy to hunt again:) Now I have to go buy another shaft tomorrow or so. Well worth it as he later got a nice hog. He may ask to join here.

• Stories of lost shafts are always interesting. How did it happen?

I lost a shaft about a year ago in that area. I was diving with Pantoja and a few other guys. I was stalking a grouper, he finally stopped to give me a shot, I couldn't see any holes around so when I shot him I didn't hold on to the line. He zoomed into a hole that I couldn't believe he'd fit in. He took my shaft far inside with almost all the shooting line. The back of the Riffe shaft caught on some rock inside and I couldn't get it out by pulling on the shooting line nor could I reach the shaft to wiggle it free. I cut the mono with about 4ft of it floating out of the hole. There's the only advantage of the euro shafts, the mono is connected to the very back and so there's no toggle effect that would cause the back of the shaft to catch on something.

• Pargo we both dove on the Hog and me being new to the game the lungs are not all there yet. So flamencoguru took a nice shot and hit him behind the left eye. But on return to the yak I think once he took the Hog off he dopped the shaft to the ocean floor needle in a hay stack . We tried to find it but thats a little impossiable in a big ocean. The funny thing with Hau and his fish is one of the other speros thought he yelled shark but he yelled fish I just swam over to help a friend out. I glad it was'nt a shark.

• Had a great day with spearos Scott Rapp and friend, fishingdude,yaudon, flamencoguru
    and LunkerBuster. I had to quit early and they were still slayin the fish:) I don't know what all
    they got, hopefully they will all tell their fish stories:D I did a hail Mary shot at a passing big cero, saw him
    flash once and then he was out of sight and line started going off my reel:D He must had been almost to the end of my double wrap RA130[aprox 25f from the gun tip] when I hit him as the shaft did not come out the other side of him. The hit was good and he was hurt bad but I could not put any tension on the line for fear of him tearing off. I yelled for help and Scott swam towards me. I yelled 'shoot him, shoot him 'and Scott put a perfect shot through the cero and I was able to get a hand in the ceros throat. The cero measured 34inches. We
    couldn't believe the whole event:D I might have lost the cero without Scotts perfect shot:)
    A great day with good spearos doing what we love to do. Thanks to all

Nice report Hau, Makes me want to dust off the old kayak and give this a go! :thumbsup2:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Autocross Junkie

• TurboRon,
    Please come join me/us anytime. We would be honored for you to join us. Our goal is to get out together and have a good time. We do not get many fish. We do not get big fishes but we dive cheap [$5. parking], we dive often and we have a good time together doing what we love to do. So far we haven't really found a good producing spot for beach/yak/spearin but we will soon as not much gets past out 6-8 spearo search line:D It is also much safer spearin as a group

• Sweet hopefully take you up on that offer soon. I have a Perceptions 2 seater that is nice and wide with an big cockpit that would probably be good for it.

• on the beach late at 0130pm

begin----------------------------------------------end
    wind from the North at 5mph-------------------from East at 10mph
    water temp. is 74deg in 30fsw
    current 0------------------------------------------1.5mph from the East
    viz 35f in 30fsw--------------------------------30f in 25fsw
    seas aprox 1 foot ----------------------------less
    air 78deg--------------------------------------76deg PC

had to go to my LDS first for 2 new arrows as I sold my lucky arrow to flamencoguru yesterday on the high seas so he could hunt the rest of the day, bad weather coming tomorrow? so I wanted to
    get out first, 1 16 in hog only. Beautiful yak/spearin day.

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• TurboRon----is your Perceptions a sit in? or sit on please?
    Let me know if I can help you get your yak set up for yak/spearin.
    I found a small anchor on 1-11 if you want it for your yak you can have it free.

• on the beach at 0930
    begin---------------------------------------end
    wind from NNW at 5mph----------------from NE at 15mph
    water 74deg
    current 0----------------------------------from N at 2mph
    viz 35f in 35fsw--------------------------30f in 25fsw
    seas 1.5f in 35fsw----------------------2.5f in 25fsw
    air 60deg PC-----------------------------74deg PC

small craft advisory for today but beach cams looked good=good day yak/spearin
    Scott Rapp met me at the beach:)
    stayed warm today by wearing 3 layers of rubber:D
    got 1 16in hog and missed a mack, lost my $25. watch, had a sailboat race go right through
    where I was hunting within talking distance of me, 25-30 sailboats. I sat on the yak case they
    didn't see me. Yak surfed back to the beach:thumbsup2:

pargo--that would be great to go spearin with you:thumbsup2:
    I just gave a boogy board away last week to fishingdude
    please to PM, email, call me anytime you want to go

• Hau, my yak is a 12' sit in, almost canoe like.
    Thanks for the anchor. That's very generous of you. I guess it'll need some rope and chain to go with it?