Broward Beach Conditions

• Went out today for about an hour with Muckdiver off Lauderdale. Viz was top to bottom at the first reef line without any current. Didn't see any good fish but I got to try out my new Speardiver 120cm gun!!:D

Awesome, you're going to be stoked first nice long shot you take with it.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Conditions were beautiful this morning I hope others got out. We got 7 lobsters and I didn't have my gun with me for 2 cudas, a red grouper, 1 mac, 1 king, 2 lionfish, and 2 hogs - one of which was the biggest I'd ever seen. The Massive hog was about 20 feet from the biggest lobster I've ever seen down here. Sadly I didn't get either of them. There were 3-5 lobster under this one ledge that goes back 10+ feet with just a few small access holes in through the top. I am now devising a way to make a 12' lobster noose just for this location. I would estimate that none of the lobsters at the back were under 2 pounds. I marked it on my GPS and will be going back there to devise a way to get them out. I have never seen so many great fish in less than 25' of water. Conditions this afternoon were much worse, afternoon winds and outgoing tide made for murky water and steep waves.

• Looked like someone caught one off the pier and then used it for bait. I came across the turtle chowing down on it. Hoping the water is nice tmw as well. Got to shoot the 120 a few times. Feels great. A lot more power than my old gun! Finally starting to get the hang of loading the longer gun.

• Turtles are somewhere near the top of my list of cool things in the ocean. They're so chill, just going with the flow. They'll also eat lobster heads. When we tail lobster, turtles will come and eat the heads.. they show up pretty quick too.

• Conditions were beautiful this morning I hope others got out. We got 7 lobsters and I didn't have my gun with me for 2 cudas, a red grouper, 1 mac, 1 king, 2 lionfish, and 2 hogs - one of which was the biggest I'd ever seen. The Massive hog was about 20 feet from the biggest lobster I've ever seen down here. Sadly I didn't get either of them. There were 3-5 lobster under this one ledge that goes back 10+ feet with just a few small access holes in through the top. I am now devising a way to make a 12' lobster noose just for this location. I would estimate that none of the lobsters at the back were under 2 pounds. I marked it on my GPS and will be going back there to devise a way to get them out. I have never seen so many great fish in less than 25' of water. Conditions this afternoon were much worse, afternoon winds and outgoing tide made for murky water and steep waves.

Mike that sounds like a great day. Are you able to do any afternoon diving this week?

i like to spear fish

• Steven it was the same place you got that monster hog with me on a beach dive. I'm NEVER leaving my gun behind again.

Judah I work until 5 during the week, I am off on tuesday. call/text if you want to try to get out.

Viz was weird today inside 20fsw we had close to 40' viz. We moved out to a deeper lobster area in 25-30 and I couldn't see the bottom... Everything I saw/got today was inside the first reef dropoff

• you see!!! what did i tell you...the best fish dive ever BECAUSE you had no gun...they know!!

I think tuesday might work...I have an appointment up on commercial at 200 i think, I can meet you after

i like to spear fish

• I was out off hwood in about 20-25 and the viz was as Dan would put it... "una cagalera" . LMAO

Saw a bunch of barely legal mangroves so I just let em be.

Gonna try and get out tmw for another beach dive if anyone is interested.

Edited once, last by Hardline ().