Picked up a 130cm Pathos Laser open carbon

• I have been looking for a paddy gun for yellowtail and mahi mahi and something I could use in Hawaii for reef and blue water. My birthday is coming up so I decided to try the Pathos 130cm Laser open carbon gun with a 70 meter horizontal reel. Petros at spearamerica was super cool and helped me with the gun and a bunch of other items. I am really excited to test out this monster on some reef fish and hopefully some pelagics when I get into Kona. :thumbsup2: I'm really pumped I can't focus on my final exams. Anyway back to the grind stone.

• Have a good time in Kona. I never dived there but the water looks unreal No silt or sand? Dry lava. Must be a lot of holes. Stoked for you badehh....:thumbsup2:

• Eddie's probably talking about this one Meandros Power Trigger Mechanism W/ Loading Butt. Not sure why a Meandros mechanism would be necessary, the Laser trigger mechanism already has a stainless steel casing. In this aspect it's nicer than the older D'Angelo handle. But I handled the Pathos Laser and this handle is painful to load, it really digs into your abdomen. I wouldn't want to use it in conditions where I'd reload often. I'm sure it shoots fine.

• I've had the 110 version of this gun, just gotta get used to the line release and wrapping the shooting line with left hand if your a righty. I shouldn't have sold it. :(

• Eddie's probably talking about this one Meandros Power Trigger Mechanism W/ Loading Butt. Not sure why a Meandros mechanism would be necessary, the Laser trigger mechanism already has a stainless steel casing. In this aspect it's nicer than the older D'Angelo handle. But I handled the Pathos Laser and this handle is painful to load, it really digs into your abdomen. I wouldn't want to use it in conditions where I'd reload often. I'm sure it shoots fine.

https://spearfishing.world/ima…er-handle_zpsf2cc06f3.jpg

I have a rubber piece that fits over the butt end so that it is easier to load. I will let you know how it goes when I get a chance to get it wet.

• It was a great gun. Probably gonna get a 90cm with a 6.5mm shaft and lighter bands as my goatfish and shallow reef gun.

That rubber buttpiece will fall off the gun if it's not glued or secured. I lost mine when I took it diving.

• I wasn't talking about the loading butt being a pain, rather the grip, it's quite pointy in the back.

The pin line release is easy to get used to, and is very reliable. I wrap it fine with the right hand, turning the gun with the left. The pin can also be moved to the other side on the D'Angerlo handle with a little modification. I've done it before for a Left handed shooter. I'm not sure but it looks in one of your pics like the Laser already has a slot on the right side too.

But a side line release on the right of the handle will always feel like home. Too bad it's not as simple a system as the pin line release.

• That rubber buttpiece will fall off the gun if it's not glued or secured. I lost mine when I took it diving.

I guess they have fixed that on the new ones coming from the factory. They changed something, claim they wont come off anymore but guys who use them will find out if they are lying or not. I don't like the ergonomic handle at all on the lasers, they are coming out with a new dangelo II with the I grip though so I may switch to that instead of the d angelo I with meandros mechanism I'm shooting now. Only problem is I really like the meandros mech so I probably wont switch. They are also doing a lefty grip if you actually do like the ergo grip and shoot lefty.
    All the stuff is going to be at the blue wild I guess.
    Talks of an ET too, who knows what will make it to the show though it is a greek company :D

• When a company has the resources to design and manufacture a handle from scratch, making it exactly to their idea of what a perfect handle should be, it boggles my mind that they'd end up with a grip like the laser. It demonstrate a complete disregard for comfort in loading, which in turn reflects on the individual's running the company actual experience/time spent in the water hunting. Subsequent improvements in my mind will never make up for such a blatant blunder, I will always question the suitability for the task of products from this company. More so because of my experience with the Pathos foot pockets. It's not unusual however for European spearfishing gear manufacturers, to opt for product designs that look fancy and different, but lack basic functionality.

By contrast I can assure you that Speardiver's first speargun handle will be every bit functional as it is pretty. It will reflect everything I know about what a good speargun should be. If it would have any serious flaw like the Pathos Laser, I might as well be in another line of work.

• When a company has the resources to design and manufacture a handle from scratch, making it exactly to their idea of what a perfect handle should be, it boggles my mind that they'd end up with a grip like the laser. It demonstrate a complete disregard for comfort in loading, which in turn reflects on the individual's running the company actual experience/time spent in the water hunting. Subsequent improvements in my mind will never make up for such a blatant blunder, I will always question the suitability for the task of products from this company. More so because of my experience with the Pathos foot pockets. It's not unusual however for European spearfishing gear manufacturers, to opt for product designs that look fancy and different, but lack basic functionality.

By contrast I can assure you that Speardiver's first speargun handle will be every bit functional as it is pretty. It will reflect everything I know about what a good speargun should be. If it would have any serious flaw like the Pathos Laser, I might as well be in another line of work.

You are being too subtle Dan - tell us what you really think of Pathos :laughing:

• If it would have any serious flaw like the Pathos Laser, I might as well be in another line of work.

:laughing: Not to derail the thread....but if you did consider another line of work.....ever consider the FBI?

Every time I look at your avatar pic it's like, "Sir? Is this your snapper"?
    Well, yes but I "just the facts sir....". :laughing: And the glasses and all.....haha. Just kidding Dan. :laughing: