Custom Speargun 1.3m Euro

• Custom Speargun 1.3m Euro

Specifications
    Stock: 7 laminates of Padauk
    Finish: Epoxy
    Mech: Reverse wide throat Euro from Neptonics
    Handle: AR-15

It has been a while and its really good to get back into the workshop. Work keeps getting in the road of having fun.

This is a very narrow gun that has a pipe gun feel to it though it carries a little more mass and has wider hips.
    I have install 2 magnets up front to aid in faster loading.

• Thanks you gentlemen.

My focus was for a very light gun and trim gun that would move through the water easily and fire a short 7.1mm shaft (I usually use a 7.5mm). I am keen to do some target practice but with a 3 meter+ swell it will have to wait. I am working on a few more guns of different designs. Trying new things and learning more.

Its so good to be back in the workshop making things I love.

Henrik its been a long time, how have you been mate? I am still awestruck by your blue and white hydro-dipped gun. I would love to try that one day.

Kind regards

Darren

• Hi Darren
    Yes it has certainly been a long time. To be honest this has been my Annus Horribilis... but I am slowly revving up again.
    In short: Divorced in october / Moving (tearing my beloved wood shop down) / Hospitalized all December (close to dying):@ / Buying new house / Getting all my crap together / Holding hands under my three kids / bla bla bla. But I am slowly getting there and is about to build my new wood shop. Then straight to gun building - I have a new euro-hybrid in the works, the one with the Speardiver components :)

• Thanks Darren :)
    I'm as far out of the woods as I can get. It is cronic, but as long I take my daily medicine, the illness hopefully won't break out again.
    Now my focus is getting my wood shop back together - I really miss that and I'm itching to get started again :)

• Love the classics :) Elegant gun!
    Hope that Neptonics reverse mech works better than the two I have had,second one to replace the first and it did the same as the first which was have the release mech stick annoyingly at the worst times :(
    onkelhedde what a rough time you have had of it, all the best mate.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Beautiful gun, love the no nonsense rounded tapers on your euro's. The silver AR handle also looks really great on it. The finish and wood color is incredible.

What are you thoughts on padauk vs teak? A buddy has a padauk riffe and it seems to be a great wood. I know the SG is a little heavier but I dont think its like mahogany (sinking gun). Ive thought about building my next gun out of it for economical reasons and just to see how it differs from teak.

onkelhedde glad to hear youre on the good end of a bad time. Hope to see some more amazingness coming from your new shop soon!

• Beautiful gun, love the no nonsense rounded tapers on your euro's. The silver AR handle also looks really great on it. The finish and wood color is incredible.

What are you thoughts on padauk vs teak? A buddy has a padauk riffe and it seems to be a great wood. I know the SG is a little heavier but I dont think its like mahogany (sinking gun). Ive thought about building my next gun out of it for economical reasons and just to see how it differs from teak.

onkelhedde glad to hear youre on the good end of a bad time. Hope to see some more amazingness coming from your new shop soon!

Thanks Reefchief.

Teak is good but is rediculously expensive here in Australia, also the quality is low with a lot of new growth timbers with open grain. It moves a lot.

The Padauk is also expensive but the quality is exceptional. I prefer the colour (once epoxied) and this piece was only 620kg/m3 so it was nice and light allowing for a slim gun that is well balanced.

The dust can be an irritant so a dust mask etc would be a good idea.

Teak is $24,000AU per cubic meter, Padauk is $19,800.:@

Padauk also glues easier than Teak and is a little different to most of the guns I see over here. Post up some pictures when you start your build.