Rob Allen spearguns prone to accidental discharge

• Asesino, That's the one thing I hate about my RA. No butt. Where did you buy it from?Have you had a chance to try it out? I want one!!

• Asesino, That's the one thing I hate about my RA. No butt. Where did you buy it from?Have you had a chance to try it out? I want one!!

really? I actually prefer the RA with no butt, the handle is softer and easy to load. I'd rather load my RA with no butt than my rabitech with a similar plastic butt. I've actually dove with no wetsuit or rash guard a couple of weeks ago and was able to load the RA without much discomfort. didnt try the rabi, it would have put a hole in my chest!

China V.I.P

• really? I actually prefer the RA with no butt, the handle is softer and easy to load. I'd rather load my RA with no butt than my rabitech with a similar plastic butt. I've actually dove with no wetsuit or rash guard a couple of weeks ago and was able to load the RA without much discomfort. didnt try the rabi, it would have put a hole in my chest!

I have an RA 110 and an Aimrite 110. I prefer the Aimrite because it's easier to load. I can even hip load it because of the butt:D

• Went to Austin's today, and was talking(not gonna say who) to one of the guys there and he says 50%:0 of the RA he sells are brought back to have the trigger mech replaced because of misfires. He thinks it must have been a bad batch.

• I don't really know so I can't really say.

I would bet that they are not misfires. Most likely it is a false engagement that leads one to believe the trigger is set then eventually gives up after a while.

After looking at the sear of a rob allen I can see how it can falsely engage. The sear can be locked into the wrong position with just wear or sand etc.

Davie Peguero

• I agree with seaweed, that has happend to a friend of mine many times with the new style RA. I have 3 old style RA's like for 5 years now and never had a problem .

• I've had my RA a little bit more than 2 years and haven't had a misfire. Having a gun misfire is unacceptable but having 50% do it :nono:

Maybe 50% of the buyers don't know how to load it? :laughing3:

• Some people mention too that it wasn’t easy to loaded because it doesn’t have a butt end, but when I used it I didn’t found any trouble with that, But anyway I got some extra time this week to figure out a way to make it easier, so I’m showing here a good idea on what to do to solve this issue. I bought online a butt end and adapted to the gun. It’s easy to do just make a hole in the back and another one for the pin(check the pics).

where did you find it online. i would like to get one. would i be able to easily hip-load it with the extension?

• When you insert the shaft into the mech to make sure it will wiggle back and forth a little. I've had my Picasso handle and Rob Allen "misfire". The mechs were still good, but the mono got binded up in the mech causing it to not lock in place properly. Both times I was loading. I've never had one go off for no reason after they're loaded... I couldn't imagine. Scary she-ite.
    I'll probably never own a wood gun because I'll probably never have a real job;)

• They are all basically the same I believe. Just different shaft/band combinations. The tuna line is what most people use. They are good guns for the money for sure.