New Adventure

• might be a new hobby. went hunting for the 3rd or 4th time the other day. some private land my dad's friend owns, well the area is used to crop green bell peppers but as you can see its not planted yet. once the area gets planted and the temperature drops some the boars come out sometimes by the dozen. the area is also filled with deer and bobcats. on this particular day we only saw 2 deer but they were still out of season.

I like hunting it brings me a sort of similar peace I feel when i am underwater. you hear nothing out there no traffic, women bitching, the phone ringing, etc.
    As I have looked into the sport it is way more mainstream than spearfishing, and the equipment is harder to learn/understand. For example choosing a rifle lots of options
    and different weapons for different game or areas. Well see how it goes.

• that day hogs, but when deer are in season deer, hogs, turkeys, and bobcats from what ive heard.
    most of the male hogs there are called barred because their nuts have been removed when they were babies then they were released back into the wild.

• av001---NICE:thumbsup2:

Thats a good lookin rifle in the front seat with a muzzle brake and high dollar scope.
    I grew up hunting and have many fond memories while afield with bow, traps, rifle, pistol and shotguns from Florida to Timmons Ontario.
    Have fun an be safe

(just wait till Aaron sees this thread:toast:)

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• I would like to bowhunt one day, I think it is really a nice way to hunt due to the challenge in it and from some of the video's I have seen it looks very peaceful...well not the the hunted but you know what I mean...lol.

• hahaha, Hau, I was thinking just that..Aaron is gonna love this.

Alan, I think with all these closures being thrown around, it is unfortunately necessary to take up terrestrial hunting...I've always felt squeemish about the dressing of the animals, so i have never shot them...ive tagged along on a lot of trips and shot photos instead.

maybe i could handle it now that Ive matured a little and dealt w some fish innerds.

i like to spear fish

• thanks davie, the area is like 20 min south of Imokalee, FL i think they call it sunniland. its like a 2hr drive from my house.

awesome arsenal you got there:thumbsup2:

that rifle i shot is a 7mm winchester mag. feels good. i might go with a 270 cal

• very cool alan. .

if the guy rents out the land or charges per hog you kill let me know how much $$$ he wants.

i'm interested in shooting one for xmas. . .

.Larry O M. . .

• I dont know what you like. I'd say those guns are way overkill.

I haven't hunted before but if I did I don't think I'd use a scope. For hogs I'd use the .45 pistol, deer I'd use the little black one, a .40 S&W pistol round.

When I started all my guns had scopes, now none of them do unless they only accept scopes. The scopes get boring after a while.

Davie Peguero

• I havent shot much there but from what ive heard most shots there are 100 yards or more. I think you might need a scope??? You probably know better than me, i just got into hunting

• I only have some knowledge no experience. I'm pretty sure you can use a bat to kill a hog if you study and scout them a couple days. Same thing with the deer. You just have to know their routine and exploit it.

100 yds is doable no scope with any rifle. You just need to put in some practice time at the range to get familiar with the gun.

Davie Peguero

• Nice area. Looks like it close to the northern edge of Big Cypress, correct? Private land is hard to come by affordably, so enjoy it!

I also recently started land hunting... It's relaxing and exciting at the same. Let me know if you ever need a hunting buddy. I'm up in North Miami.

Safe hunting,

G

• 100yds with out a scope is very doable. I shoot that at the range with my "hunting:D" AR15, with nice tight groups.

• thats correct G, its near big cypress. Thanks I will let you guys know whn something opens up.

Frank that is nice. ive shot an AR 15 real nice rifle. The 7mm i was shooting kicks like a 22 with the muzzle brake

• Good for you ,Alan ... get out and enjoy the wild places whether it be beneath the waves or on terra firma. And get prepared for images that will stay in your mind on long after the others have faded. I can still remember smells of hunts that occured over twenty years ago . In the words of Dr, Seuss "Oh ...The Places You'll Go !".

Most importantly , have fun and be safe.

• I dont know what you like. I'd say those guns are way overkill.

I haven't hunted before but if I did I don't think I'd use a scope. For hogs I'd use the .45 pistol, deer I'd use the little black one, a .40 S&W pistol round.

When I started all my guns had scopes, now none of them do unless they only accept scopes. The scopes get boring after a while.

Very bad idea in the deer advice department....if you guys have any questions feel free to contact me.