sdeisen little fish reports

• Late report,
    Got out with Greekdiver a few days ago and found good conditions, although the current picked up as the day went on, making drifts a bit tough. We got a serious upper body work-out climbing in and out of the boat for one-drop passes on the wrecks. Last spot Harry shot a prehistoric mutton (I know cause I saw video) but it got torn apart before he could yank it up. I was on the surface above Harry and heard his gun go off. Right then a big bull tore past me full speed in his direction, I don't know if it knew the sound of the gun or could sense the fish in distress.
    I shot this cobe and missed on a nice king :rolleyes1:
    Harry shot some other fish

• nice cobia! that prehistoric mutton will be in Greekdiver's head for a while, it happens to me when i miss a really nice fish!

Yes its still in my head and I still watch the video at least a couple times a day.

I was diving down and I passed a large shark but kept on going. Before I landed on the bottom, the fish started swimming away from me. At first glance, i thought it was a Cubera or Dog Snapper. It was just too big and wide for my brain to register mutton. After it started moving away from me, and I knew it was a mutton. I waited on the bottom hoping it would eventually circle back. And it did! I placed a very good shot on fish and then the shark appeared. I pulled up the line and my spear was broken.

I uploaded pics to facebook. Ill post pics after I get back to work.

https://www.facebook.com/abellanspeargunsusa

It is just huge!!!!!

I'd say over 20 lbs to be very conservative. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 25 lb ++

• Damn! I saw the pics, definitely a very good shot. I'ts hard to judge the size from the pics but it looks BIG. I wonder how the shaft broke, I guess the force of the fish fighting for his life and the shark fighting for his meal, but damn! It would be interesting to see a pic of the broken shaft if you can post.

• You only had to shoot it once?

I've only shot about 5 cobia but man, they're nuts. They swim around like nothing's wrong until I touch the shaft….then….whooaa. The last two we got were shot twice and one still twisted a shaft right out of its head on the boat deck. Insane…..

• You only had to shoot it once?

I've only shot about 5 cobia but man, they're nuts. They swim around like nothing's wrong until I touch the shaft….then….whooaa. The last two we got were shot twice and one still twisted a shaft right out of its head on the boat deck. Insane…..

That's why it looks like such a mess of line, two shafts in it.
    I cut the gills and it bled heavy for at least 5 minutes and was fully alive in the boat. Crazy.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• I went diving yesterday. I haven't been in the water in like 4 months. It was so difficult to stay deep, but I still managed a few nice fish. 16 lb Mutton (weighed)