PB Fish- "Sweet Dreams" knocks 'em out

• At the end of the day Kris decided to stop of on a deep wreck to see if we could catch some AJ. He and Jim jumped in. Kris comes up fighting an AJ and holds it a 50ft. Jim dives down and misses a shot on an AJ, as he reloads Kris talks me into getting into the water to see if I can catch an AJ as well.

I jump in reluctant to see anything. Jim shoots a bigger AJ and starts fighting it (lower of the three in pic). A dive down and see Jims fish, Kris's fish fighting on the lines. I spot a nice AJ, next to it is a bigger AJ and I line up my shot. A bit further down I see an even bigger AJ but decide not to chase it since it seemed I was pretty deep and would have to fight a fish on the way up. It was directly under me and all I saw was the top of its head and it was pretty dark.

I pull the trigger and the AJ doesnt even flicker.

"Sweet Dreams" put 'em to sleep

25lb and a couple ounces

Davie Peguero

• I'm assuming "Sweet dreams" is the name of your gun. Is this in reference to it's humble beginnings? :)

It puts fish to bed, and was made from a bed.

I'm planning to make a new gun since this one is delaminating. New gun will be sweet and has a cool name as well stemming from this gun.

Davie Peguero

• Unforgiven with C. Eastwood. I'm sure you realize I changed it around a bit for the sake of the post.

Great movie btw. Clint, Morgan Freeman and Gene Hackman.

• seaweed,
    Great post with great pictures of some very nice AJ. Congratulations.
    How deep was the spot where you shot the AJs?
    hau

The wreck was in 95.

Davie Peguero

• Congrats Davie.

We'll miss you tomorrow.

Up for some skeet early Sunday?

G

• That sucks, I cant make it this week have a bunch of schoolwork to turn in.

Davie Peguero

• Well, if the baby isn't here by next weekend, let me know if you want to go...

Good luck with your school work. G

• I had a reel and a floatline but didnt need it. You should always have some sort of tether system. This AJ was in 90 ft of water and the lighting was dark so a floatline was best. All 3 of us had reels but we all chose to use floatline for this dive.

Honestly speaking each situation is different and one or the other will be better suited. But if you were to choose one a floatline is the best option. The reel is more, or should I say only, for convenience than anything else.

Davie Peguero