gun question.....Sporasub One

• So my options are a 110cm Rabitech Apex Carbon w/reel...or...Sporasub One 105cm....

I love my 130 rabi but I want a shorter gun for the gulf with a reel.

I would love to know what everyone personally thinks of the Sporasub, because it is like $600 and I want to make sure.

• I like the Hatch I just foundmyself using the railgun a LOT more. My room mate needed a gun so I hooked him up. :)

I can get the Rabi cheap but that Sporasub with the monocoque construction would dominate the gulf wrecks. I was just looking for a no bs review. Dan the Pursuit gun needs a line release for me to consider it.

• I have one of Dans gun, not that one the regular one. I totally recommend it. Is 114cm I think, I use it on the reef 20-50ft, and love it.

• i have heard good things about the ONE...it is probably not worth the cost though. I just dont see how it could be...Fuzz has one I think..there is a video of him slaying fish with impressive accuracy somewhere around here.

I love my RA's when one of them breaks down I'll either go w a pursuit or a aimrite venom.

I have heard that the ONE uses a thin shaft and that it doesnt do as well with a thicker shaft but that is only from one guy at a dive shop so who knows

i like to spear fish

• Sporasub is now Omer. People knows what I think about Omer products... :nono:

Seriously speaking, If you are used to your Rabbi, get another one. There will be no "warm up" period and will feel just the same in your hand.

On the other hand, Pursuit gun looks really nice.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Go with the Sporasub. They are great guns now. Literally 4 years ago many of them sucked, but since Omer bought them they are great. Kind of like car companies. They go through phases of quality, and Sporasub is at a high right now.

• Someone would have to be crazy to spend 600 on a gun like that. It's an aluminum railgun that is not even very powerful. If you are spending that money it better be carbon or wooden and custom!

• Isn't the sporasub one similar to the cayman hf? I don't think I'd ever drop 600 on a railgun, out of curiosity why are you looking for a 105cm gun Matt? My favorite goto gun is a 120cm rabitech and I have a 90cm that I use for hole hunting and halibut.

I've shot/owned a few railguns and now stick with rabitechs, I do a lot of shore diving and boat diving and I'm fairly hard on my gear, I want a gun that can take beating.

• Someone would have to be crazy to spend 600 on a gun like that. It's an aluminum railgun that is not even very powerful. If you are spending that money it better be carbon or wooden and custom!

agree 100%.

the line release on dans gun works just fine, i have a gun with the same handle (mine came from pathos) and although it looks awkward i never though it was a pain to use in the water. at half the price and with a built in rail (not glued on) on the carbon tube, dans is hands down the better gun in my opinion.

don't get hung up on looks alone, a good gun is based on a good shaft/bands combination. people love the south african guns (rob allen, rabitech, freedives, ect) because they come with a really good shaft and have appropriate bands. yes i know the south african shafts corrode but they are really stiff and will kill many, many fish before you might consider replacing one. don't know about sporasub but omer shafts in the past were noodles, although i like omer products in general i would replace the shaft on any omer gun i own right away and at the sporasub price that would not be good.

if you have any doubt look at the accuracy test that was done by hsd magazine several years ago, hammerhead won not because it was the best gun but because it came with a better shaft/band combo.

my 2 cents.

steve veros

in loving memory of paolo

• i just can't see myself spending 600 for that gun. i'm with greekdiver. there's plenty of other guns much better with a lot better sticker price. and i used dans gun and it's awsome.

• Sporasub is now Omer. People knows what I think about Omer products... :nono:

i didnt like the idea of omer first... but with time, I have tried out many of their products and i am not saying that im the fan of all of them - i had a few dissapoitments (excalibur).. but the omer ET 75, 85 are great for the Californian coast.
    also - my friend keeps trying different guns, yet hes falling back to the sporasub 105 over and over again. I also got an 80 version of it and I like it very much(!) These three (ET75/ET85/ONE80) became my favorite guns. In my opinion they are great for california waters and in the kelp forest....if its for 'blue' and 'open' than probably i woul pick something else. Maybe a Rob Allen or Rabitech..... By the way, i dealt with omer customer service (twice) and they exchanged my LED, and my shaft no question asked. I also like their wetsuit because it keeps me warm from 9AM till 3PM in a sub 50F water.
    .i do agree that the sporasub one is a little overpriced but if you do the math, reel, line, gun in one package (u can get it for 520 now not 600)
    the carbon vs alu issue is really not an issue... i have a carbon gun, yet i use these alu things all the time. Again, it's Just my opinion.... but you choose what you like :)
    Try it before you buy it! There is nothing worst than spending all that money and you hate the result.
    If you LOVE your Rabi 130 (its a great gun) and you just want a shorter gun with a reel, than just get a a shorter Rabi with a reel. You would exactly know what you get and its a sure thing.

Edited 6 times, last by spearomen ().

• i didnt like the idea of omer first... but with time, I have tried out many of their products and i am not saying that im the fan of all of them - i had a few dissapoitments (excalibur).. but the omer ET 75, 85 are great for the Californian coast.
    also - my friend keeps trying different guns, yet hes falling back to the sporasub 105 over and over again. I also got an 80 version of it and I like it very much(!) These three (ET75/ET85/ONE80) became my favorite guns. In my opinion they are great for california waters and in the kelp forest....if its for 'blue' and 'open' than probably i woul pick something else. Maybe a Rob Allen or Rabitech..... By the way, i dealt with omer customer service (twice) and they exchanged my LED, and my shaft no question asked. I also like their wetsuit because it keeps me warm from 9AM till 3PM in a sub 50F water.
    .i do agree that the sporasub one is a little overpriced but if you do the math, reel, line, gun in one package (u can get it for 520 now not 600)
    the carbon vs alu issue is really not an issue... i have a carbon gun, yet i use these alu things all the time. Again, it's Just my opinion.... but you choose what you like :)
    Try it before you buy it! There is nothing worst than spending all that money and you hate the result.
    If you LOVE your Rabi 130 (its a great gun) and you just want a shorter gun with a reel, than just get a a shorter Rabi with a reel. You would exactly know what you get and its a sure thing.

The Sporasub ONE is a great gun & my 80cm has a great balance.
    I did add some self-amalgamating tape to make the handle more "sticky".
    Personally, I really prefer the old match style reels to the new ONE reels.
    The stock shaft was horrible (IMHO)... the ring barb design did not last long and the shaft bent on a fish that I don't think it should have.
    The newer generation shafts are a lot nicer and I love the fin design on em.
    OMER USA - TEAM OMER

Whether it's worth it to you, is more a matter of personal preference (& level of discretionary income).

I second what spearomen said regarding getting a shorter Rabi with reel.
    There's a lot to be said about consistency between guns!
    When I got my caymanHF, I got a 75,90,110.
    When I went back to RA's, I got a 70,90,110... working on filling in other sizes. ;)

• Para esa medida de 100cm, cualquier spearguns hace el trabajo, un Marc Valentin seria lo mas economico y rentable.

By that measure 100cm, any spearguns does the job, a Marc Valentin would be the most economical and profitable.

Ahora, comparando el Pursuit con otros speanguns Aluminio y carbono
    Yo no he probado Pursuit, pero a la vista esta: handle ergonomico, line release que no afecta el eje, buen eje, rail gun carbon barrel, bands especiales, el mejor precio y puedes instalar un reel sin complicaciones.

un 100cm y eje < 7mm te puedes quedar corto con snaper

Now, comparing Pursuit with other speanguns, aluminum and carbon...
    I have not tested Pursuit, but the view is: ergonomic handle, line release does not affect the axis, good shaft, rail gun barrel carbon, special bands, best price and you can install a reel without complications.

an 100cm and shaft < 7mm you can stay short with snaper

Sporasub pneumatic = ok Cyrano, Sten......

Un Hombre tiene que creer en algo.......
    Creo que me iré de pesca!!!

Edited once, last by Josediaz: SIMBOL &lt; ().

• The Sporasub ONE is a great gun & my 80cm has a great balance.....

Whether it's worth it to you, is more a matter of personal preference (& level of discretionary income).
    I second what spearomen said regarding getting a shorter Rabi with reel.

Thanks Fuzz! ...It seemed that I'm alone with this omer/sporasub thing.
    I really have no income or compensation of any kind from omer or sporasub, nor I am pushing any product of theirs - as you can see that I recommended a shorter Rabi or RA. None that I own (yet!! ;) , but tried.
    I am just being honest. No need to bash any company or any products. They all have good people with
    in.
    Successes and failures are part of any development. I know some people can spear with a screwdriver...
    We all know that there is not a single speargun that is perfect or Fuzz here wouldn't have an army of them.. hehe. :D