Broward Beach Conditions

• My peeps in the Keys just said that the viz on the reef was 30f in 30fsw this morning.
    Viz prediction for tomorrow is 40f
    Just putting an idea out there for anyone that can / could go to the Keys to spear tomorrow
    Hope this helps

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• Went out today to test some repairs I had done to my boat. Ran out of Bayfront. Seas were 1-2ft. The viz in the bay(only ran to Elliot Key and back) was pretty clear, could easily make out bottom while cruising along. Water temp was a nut shriveling 72*:@.

• meade street with hau this morning starting 830. big shore pound surf but ocean was relatively mellow. went out to second reef and jumped in water. didnt see the bottom till i could practically touch it in around 20-25 feet of water. not a cloud in the skky and water temp is great, oh well. try again maybe tuesday

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Yesterdays conditions reports [11-16-9]

UaVaj
    Re: Current Vis Biscayne Bay / Elliott area and Miami 11-16
    mangrove snapper = 5 per person. i was out today. just in the bay. very clear.

Itchy Trigger
    Jupiter Conditions 11-16
    Don't even bother going out! 30 ft from the bottom i couldn't see my fins in 80ft

Hope this helps :toast:

I'm too sick to go out and check the spearin conditions myself.
    I slept with a pig the other night an now I got the swine flu :laughing3:
    ____

• thanks hau and feel better.
    gonna make it short im on the library computer at BC.
    930 am. me and scott out of meade street around and north against a north to south current(pretty strong)
    Viz a lot better, worked east of the ledge casue viz went straight to garbage west of and on the ledge. i got two decent hogs and scott got three. Only out for 2 1/2 hours casue i had school and scott had to pick up his little one. So im stoked viz looks alot better hope its a trend thats here to stay for a while. Lots of triggers and margate around.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

Edited once, last by sdeisen ().

• Went out today with Hau for a few hours on the 1st at Meade St.. The viz was a little better today the current was moving south pretty good. I ended up with 4 hogs 1 14in, 2 16 in and 1 at 18 in that swam right into my mask for a fly bye he won't do that again. I also went to Meade on tuesday ended up with 3 hogs I saw one that was at least 20/22 inches but he got spoked when some mullet flew bye.

• At Meade St. today
    begin at 9am------------------end at 4p
    wind from NW at 4mph------from N at 10mph
    water 77F
    current N to S at 2mph-----N to S at 1mph
    viz 25f in 25fsw------------ 20f in 25fsw
    seas wind chop only------- 2f
    air 74F PC-------------------80F PC

me an scott on the first reef today
    scott got 4 ok hogs
    I got 1 hog an 1 margate
    viz is clearing :thumbsup2:
    Very few fish of any kind. :(
    Water temp. is dropping = scott wore a wet suit an I was cold in my old loose 1.5mm Omer
    today was the first day I got to use my "Hau extra band pin" an it worked great :thumbsup2:
    I'll now be toten 2 9/16 bands on my RA CF 120 ==fish r gonna die

Thanks for posting scott, is that ur 3/2mm wet suit you wore today?

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• At Meade St. today
    begin at 9am-------------------end at 1pm
    wind from W at 5mph---------from N at 10mph
    water temp. 77F
    current from N at 2mph------from N at 1 1/2mph
    viz 30f in 30fsw---------------25f in 25fsw
    seas, wind chop only---------less than 2f
    air temp 77F PC---------------82F PC

solo at Meade st today. First day with 3mm suit and had to add 3lb lead
    saw no hogs at all. Got 1 30in mac and 2 dogs. My gun line is hanging up on bands when I shoot and caused me to miss 2 nice macs.:(
    Viz started to shut down at noon so I had to stay on top of the reef to see bottom. Saw 5-6 short groupers
    Today was a beautiful yak spearin day. :thumbsup2:
    Others are out boat spearin an I'm anxious to hear/see how they did :D

• At Meade St. today
    begin at 830am---------------end at noon
    wind from the W at 3mph---from N at 8mph
    water temp. 77F
    current from N at 1 1/2mph--from N at 1/2mph
    viz 30f in 30fws---------------25f in 25fsw
    seas wind chop only, 1f surf--less than 2f
    air temp. 78F PC-------------81F PC

me an scott at Meade St today
    conditions almost identical to yesterday
    I hope scott posts his story bout the big one that got away :(
    I watched a 3f mac sneak up behind scott an when it turned right an got 20f from scott I shot an missed. The mac went into a dive just as I got close enough an pulled the trigger.:( Scott said "what the hell were u shootin at!!" as I pulled in my spear. :laughing3:
    I don't know if scott got fish, but I lucked out an got 3 dogs
    Big story is scott an his fish.
    Another perfect yak spearing day

mca00176---thank u sir :toast:

• The one that got away I was sitting down on the 2nd reef and as I turned I had a BIG JACK swim by. I did the Holy Shit and pulled the trigger hit him mid body as he freaked I swam to the top and the fight was on. He pulled I tugged and as I looked down to see where he was I felt the line break. I poped up curseing up a storm thinking my day was over no fish and I lost my RA shaft. I look up there is Hau chaseing the fish but he was moving to fast I let Hau know that the shaft was in him Hau says there is no shaft in him so I decide to look for a needle in a hay stack. I look around and another Holy Shit I found my RA shaft I learned a lesson time to go buy a reel. The rest of the day I just saw some little hogs and groupers but all in all it was a good day. Thanks Hau for the help.

• The one that got away I was sitting down on the 2nd reef and as I turned I had a BIG JACK swim by. I did the Holy Shit and pulled the trigger hit him mid body as he freaked I swam to the top and the fight was on. He pulled I tugged and as I looked down to see where he was I felt the line break. I poped up curseing up a storm thinking my day was over no fish and I lost my RA shaft. I look up there is Hau chaseing the fish but he was moving to fast I let Hau know that the shaft was in him Hau says there is no shaft in him so I decide to look for a needle in a hay stack. I look around and another Holy Shit I found my RA shaft I learned a lesson time to go buy a reel. The rest of the day I just saw some little hogs and groupers but all in all it was a good day. Thanks Hau for the help.

Good story.
    The same thing happened to my friend with a big Jack but it took off with the shaft and he never got it back off the radio towers.

What about a floatline?

• Use the yak as a float.

This^

Gun>floatline>kayak>rope>anchor

The last bit is if you use an anchor. In my short time using kayaks I found this to be a great set-up.

.Larry O M. . .

• Coil the float line after every shot as you're swimming. This will bring the kayak/float closer to you. When it's time to dive you let go of the coiled up float line, this will eliminate any drag and give you time if there's current before the yak tries to pull the gun out of your hands.