begin at 830am---------------end at 4pm
    wind from West at 2mph----from East at 9mph
    water temp. 77F
    current from North at 1mph--from North at 1/2mph
    viz 30f in 30fsw--------------top to bottom in 55fsw
    seas; wind chop only--------2f
    air temp 82F PC--------------80F 10% clouds

solo at Meade St today
    started at 2nd reef and conditions got better so I yaked on out to the 3rd [my favorite]
    got 3 macs, 4 dogs, 1 mutton and a whole family of 4 hogs
    saw the boor hog and dropped and dropped on him to 60fsw. By the time I got down to him I didn't have enough breath hold left to turn him [I been sic for a week] so I just shot him straight down through the back. As soon as the gun fired 3 other hogs flinched and started swimming circles around where the boor had been on the reef. I pulled the boor up asap, reloaded, dropped and shot 3 more times an had my limit of hogs :thumbsup2:
    I like shootin dogs when they see me coming and turn an face me. At the last few feet they turn sideways an 60in of spring steel hits em broadside :D
    Today was another perfect yak spearin day

edit--boar is spelled boar, not boor. Sorry

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• Dan---don't know if anyone else uses the term boar to indicate a male hog fish, but we always did
    On the Appalachian farm where I was raised, a boar was the male hog that we kept to breed the sows [female hogs / pigs].

Sorry, I spelled boar wrong. Is supposed to be boar, not boor. [I've been up for 24hours workin an spearin]
    I should go clean my gear, clean fish an go to bed to be ready to spear again tomorrow.

Spearfishing Store

Edited 3 times, last by hau ().

• Dan--through this AARP mind of mine, I remembered that other spearos refer to big male hogs as alpha male.

Alan---wish I was huntin where you are hunting. I'd like to shoot just boar hogs all day:thumbsup2:
    Where we go a spearo is lucky to see ANY decent hogs.

• At Meade St today
    begin at 830am-------------------end at noon
    wind from E at 10mph-----------from E at 9mph
    water temp 77F
    current from South at 1mph---same
    viz 30f in 25fsw-----------------same
    seas 2-3f------------------------same
    air 79F overcast---------------84F overcast

me , sdeisen88 and jbrewer87 at Meade 1st reef for 1/2 a day
    jbrewer got his first ever fish x2 with perfect head shots :thumbsup2:
    sdeisen got 2 hogs an a mac
    I got NOTHING
    was rough out there for jbrewers maiden yak voyage but he did a stellar job :thumbsup2:
    [is what I like bout RA guns. If u never shot a speargun before like jbreweer, just get someone to loan u a RA, point it at a fish, squeeze the trigger an pull the fish in :laughing3: Sorry, couldn't resist]

edit--hopefully sdeisen and jbrewer will post also

Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• I went out freediving yesterday off Ft Lauderdale with instructor friends from Performance Freediving, about 6 miles out in deep blue water, was real nice, few jellyfish, but clear water to around 80ft. I was doing practice dives with the beginner course and got to instruct 3 other students on the line which was fun, since it was a beginner course we had to keep the depth at 66ft. I did around a dozen dives to 66ft and back and several slow pull downs to it as well. The students did real well and both accept one made it to 66ft with a little instruction. It is difficult to talk and talk to students for a few minutes and then have to do your own dives, now I know how the instructors feel, but, it was good experience. Great day, great weather and great people.

• At Meade St today
    begin at 830am----------------end at 3pm
    wind from SW at 3mph-------from E at 7mph
    water temp. 77F
    current from N at 1mph-------from S at 1mph
    viz 40f in 30fsw----------------25f in 25fsw
    seas wind chop only----------almost flat
    air temp 79F cloudy-----------84F PC

me,scott and fishingdude today at Meade St
    scott got some nice hogs
    fishingdude got 4 nice hogs, a nice snapper an other fish
    I lucked out an got 5 hogs an some dogs an 1 squid
    Today was a beautiful yak spearin day :thumbsup2:

• meade solo @ 800 am end at 1200 (i got escuela at 300). started out with mild wind chop. went out to second reef and worked way back into 1st. awesome viz,, clear enough to see around easily even though sky was overcast alot. lots of fish out, must have seen 10 or more 15+ inch hogs and lots of slightly undersized muttons and a few 18+ inchers. got into a nice group of large cero macks too. All in alll a great day to be in the water. wish i was sstill there,,but class is a calllin.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• no prob judah eager to see ya out there and yea it was a pretty good one. 1 18inch and 1 16inch mutt, 2 17"ish hogs and 1 decent mac,, i dunno how big maybe 30"
    wish i coulda stayed lots more for the taking,, big macs were skiddish though

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!