Broward Beach Conditions

• hau brother common...we need some pics..jajaja the reports are always on point. But we need some color in the story.. Good fishing. it will be nice if you take a picture from the Yak to the other spearos getting ready to jump in the water. will like to see how much stuff you guys carry in the yak before getting in the water

• humans are very visual creatures lol

haha true that. i tried to get him to pull the camera out thi morning the viz would of been worth it.
    meade 830 scott hau and I
    seas flat viz 35+feet, im getting really cold its a bummer.. being uncomfortable i can live with but my breathhold goes to shit after about 3-4 hours
    very nice day to be in the water scott and I got some nice hogs, im makin ceviche tonight after class :)
    haus still out there probably kicken ass im sure he'll post when he decides to come iin
    ps. more decent size groupers out then ive seen in a while.. :nono:

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

Edited once, last by sdeisen ().

• At Meade St today
    begin at 9am-----------------end at 5pm
    wind from West at 12mph----from North at 5mph
    current from N at 1 mph-------same
    viz 55f in 25fsw-----------------30f in 25fsw
    seas 2f---------------------------less than 2f
    water temp 71F
    air temp. 50F, 10% clouds-----62F 15% clouds

Scott, sdeisen and me at Meade St today :attack3: :fish:
    Scott and sdeisen both got a nice hog each before they had to go in at noon :toast:
    I got 5 hogs, 2 muttons, 2 dogs, porgeys an 2 schoolmasters
    So I dropped on this nice porgey and was about to pull the trigger when I caught movement out my left eye (thank you Technisub mask). This 18in hog was just cruisen next to me, so I turned the gun slow and just as I shot he jumped and the spear hit him high and he tore off. I kept my eye on him as I reloaded (thank you ET gun), and watched as the hit hog slipped under a 6f X 4f piece of coral. The hog would poke his head out just enough to see me above an then he would slide back under real slow. Next he would peek out from under another side an slide back under:) The way the coral was, he was not gonna get away without me seeing him. This went on for like 10min until a nurse shark showed up and got busy trying to get the hog under the coral. The shark started under one side an the hog started sneeking out the other side real slow, keeping an eye on me and an eye on the shark. I let the hog get about 4ft away from the rock an I dropped on him. This time the spear hit him through the gill plate, I let go of my gun an sprinted for the hog. I got there before the shark and hugged my hog in tight as I surfaced.:thumbsup2:
    Today was another great yak freedivingspearfishing day with good friends :toast:

• well, you know you are always invited to dive like a real spearo....hahaha

seriously though, you are always invited for a nice yak day, Hau has an extra yak and I have a tandem too

also remember that, no slight to hau(he's the first to say this) he is in the water for a LONG time....his fish per hour rating is still silly good, but not as high as it seems from his reports...he is a spearo hero though :D

i like to spear fish

• Meade St today
    begin at 830am-----------------end at noon
    wind from West at 4mph----from North at 6mph
    current from N at 1 mph-------same
    viz 55f in 25fsw-----------------45f in 25fsw
    seas less2f---------------------------less than 2f
    water temp 71F
    air temp. 50F overcast-----64F overcast

Scott, fishingdude and me at Meade St first reef ledge today
    We saw almost no fish today
    Scott saw a very nice cuda.
    Fishingdude got his PB bug and a hog or two
    I got 2 porgeys and 1 15in hog
    Ben and I double teamed a smart hog and after a 20min battle we put him in the yak:thumbsup2:
    Todays conditions were VERY good. Flat seas, no current, good viz and we didnt even have to worry about getting sun burnt with the overcast skies :D
    Sorry about the pictures, I don't have the time. Fishingdude had me take a picture of his bug, maybe he will post those pictures after his classes today
    Did I already say that I LOVE my 3mm freedivingspearfishing wetsuit? Thank you Dan :hail1:
    ( I'M the only one out there that is NOT COLD )

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• seaweed---thank you sir.

Marco---thank you sir. Is that an UW camera she is using? Maybe I can get HER to take the pictures of use spearing? :laughing3:

Lunkerbuster---you are right about the time in the water. Starting 2-16 I have been IN THE WATER 26hours:D
    Today I will get 3 hours sleep between spearin and working 12hours a night

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 4 times, last by hau ().

• Nice report hau. jbrewer, how did you lose the spear?

My line came untied I'm not sure how :confused2:. I was really mad :frustrated1: and was getting ready to tell Hau I was going home because I lost my spear. Then I found him and he had it in his hand. :notworthy3:

• Went out of the 954 are today around 3:30-5:30pm.

Water temp: 69*
    Seas: FLAT!!
    Viz: 40'
    Fish: 2 hogs, 1 lane snapper

Very nice few hours, the water was beauitful didn't see many fish. It was COLD in my 3mm. Looks like a Pargo Open Cell 3mm suit is in my near future.