wind from SE at 8mph---from SE at 14mph
    current 1mph S to N----zero current
    viz 35f in 35fsw---------30f in 25fsw
    seas flat--------2f
    water temp 85F
    80F high cirrus overhead--87F 45% clouds overhead

Swam for 3 1/2 hours today and saw maybe 2doz jellies
    Lucked out and found 2 ok hogs everyone else missed
    The cities garbage pipes particules seem to be running all the fish off and the reef looks barren and needing a dusting :(

• Late report for; 9-7-11__#69-2011m2
    South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 730am--------end at 230pm
    wind from SE at 6mph---from SE at 10mph
    current zero-----------S to N at 1 1/2 mph
    viz 35f in 35fsw---------30f in 25fsw
    seas flat--------less than 2f
    water temp 85F
    78F 0% overhead--86F 1 thunderhead overhead

Today was a better day as I got a nice mack, 1 yt and 2 ok hogs. Good thing, as my "trading supplies" were getting down.;)
    Jellies were spotty. I swam for 2 hours not seeing 1 jelly then saw patchs of jellies.
    Very few boats and almost no beach good beach buns where I was.

• 9-8-11__#70-2011m2
    South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 830am--------end at 130pm
    wind from SE at 5mph---from S at 15mph
    current S to N at 1/2mph--S to N at 1 mph
    viz 40f in 40fsw---------30f in 30fsw
    seas less than 2--------2-3f and building
    water temp 85F
    76F 5% high cirrus overhead--84F summer stormhead comin

Lucked out an just made it back to land before todays storm hit.:)
    These summer storms are bad for beach bun sightings :(
    As I write this at 3pm, the storm has passed and the sea and wind are calming down.
    Jellies seemed a little less today than yesterday.
    Water garbage about the same
    Just got 1 hog today but saw maybe 4 or 5 in the 8-14in length.
    Had another school of mac swim by. But these stayed just outside of my gun range. I may have to switch back to a longer gun as these macs have learned most of my mac tricks. :attack2: :fishswim:

• Sorry for falling behind posting Broward Beach Conditions. I got a new 32yr old skinny, beautiful Russian GF that is keeping me very BUSY :bed:
    Maybe I can get a picture posted of her with fish or the triathlon swim or bikini section later ;)

you may beat her in the tri's but it seems shes getting the better of you at home. thanks for the reports, I now work about 5 minutes from the beach so hopefully I can start diving the lighthouse point/deerfield area in the evenings. Hau, if you'd like, I will try to subsidize your thread while you're "busy"

• Is that Olga?

I miss olga did you scare her off :rolleyes1::D

Shoredive half way down south today,,10-130,, got out to the second and found a new spot that looked PERFECT for hogs,, I followed it for 2 hourrs and didnt see a single hog,, which sucks..
    anyways eventually found some very big toros swimming against the current and I wound up with two of the biggest ones. Thats all i saw in the way of fish today,, but now i have ceviche which is great cause i cant afford to buy meat anymore :D

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• I miss olga did you scare her off :rolleyes1::D

Shoredive half way down south today,,10-130,, got out to the second and found a new spot that looked PERFECT for hogs,, I followed it for 2 hourrs and didnt see a single hog,, which sucks..
    anyways eventually found some very big toros swimming against the current and I wound up with two of the biggest ones. Thats all i saw in the way of fish today,, but now i have ceviche which is great cause i cant afford to buy meat anymore :D

hows the meat on those things? i always toss them back when doing H/L fishing:confused1:

• I thought we did but didn't remember the outcome. Bigeye or glasseye something? Catalufa in Cuba.

yeah thats all true also
    at my work we call them catalufas as well,

and japsw when there are other fish around I ignore them as well but to be honest I find it better than mangroves or similar sized snappers just a little less yeild.. I could tell you the ceviche it made was hogfish and youd believe it.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• yeah thats all true also
    at my work we call them catalufas as well,

and japsw when there are other fish around I ignore them as well but to be honest I find it better than mangroves or similar sized snappers just a little less yeild.. I could tell you the ceviche it made was hogfish and youd believe it.

going to have to try it, to be honest I only shoot mangos if they are over 18-20 inches, not a fan of cleaning small fish unless its hog :D

• That dish looks awesome, great picture, I can almost taste everything by just looking at it.

Glasseye snapper, bigeye is the tuna.

Davie Peguero

• Very good flacky, moist, white meat with a "Crab/lobster" touch taste. Very few bones and the skin comes all apart after cooking. Don't need to scale. Very good also over the barbeque. The skin avoids it from sticking. Must try it.

In Venezuela, line fishermen get big ones 3-5 pounds. Here in the Caribbean I haven't see them bigger than 1.5 - 2 pounds.

I would say one of the best pan sized fish I've ever ate.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.