Reefchief's oceanic adventures

• Got to sneak away from working for a little beachdive this morning.

It rained cats and dogs yesterday so I wasnt expecting much. Pleasantly to my surprise the viz was very diveable. It was silty, but I could barely make out the bottom all the way out to the first. And on the bottom it was good enough to see some fish. Didnt go too far cause I was with a newbie buddy with short fins. But still managed to get a nice red grouper and miss a few other fish on the first reef with my rusty aim.

• Very nice. I was following your build of your great Blue Water speargun- beautiful work:thumbsup2: maybe I missed it - but have you used it yet? How is it besides a beauty?

• Very nice. I was following your build of your great Blue Water speargun- beautiful work:thumbsup2: maybe I missed it - but have you used it yet? How is it besides a beauty?

Thanks! I got to fire a test shot into the blue and it was balanced well and shot great without too much recoil. But it's still yet to receive a proper using. Hopefully the weather starts cooperating and I can get off shore and really test it soon.

• Stocking up on some gear for mini season.

Picked up a new speardiver stealth mask. This is mid lighter trick.

*A polespear with jbl sliptip. Been wanting a polespear for quite a while. Cant wait to catch even less fish then I already do.

A new all metal trigger mech for my speardiver carbon 120

And some various band supplies clips etc.

Edited 4 times, last by Reefchief ().

• NIce. You're very well organized. I like the band tying box. I have to buy a small tackle box. I have everything in metal powdered milk cans now. I have to dig for stuff. :D

• Ive been absent from the forums (and spearfishing) for quite a while. Ive been swamped with major workload at a new job. But Ive also been working on a project with my wife for a few months that's finally complete. I wanted to share the finished product with everyone here.

Speardiver meet Hunter. He arrived healthy on 12/31/13 weighing 9lb 1oz. So far its been a whirlwind of excitement and learning and little sleep but im having a blast. Im already counting the days until I can strap on a mask and fins.

• Thanks Dan!

Were still not sure of that ourselves. It looks somewhere between red and dirty blonde depending on the light. I guess well have to wait and see which direction it goes.

• Went spearfishin' Sunday with Frank (hardline) on a buddys boat. Despite the forecast calling for high winds and some pretty sloppy wave action at times it was actually a really nice day of diving. Went out a good ways and found some really nice viz and reefs despite the swell and chop. All kinds of cool caves and ledges and fun stuff to dive. Ended up with a nice cooler with dinner for everyone of hogs yj's and some snapper. I think the highlight of the day was a team effort on a monster late season bug. Frank found him and signaled us over and him and after a bit of a battle I ended up going all the way into a cave and carefully snaring him. Then all the fish became dinner. The end.