Some didactic videos and pictures of our last fishing trip out from La Parguera.

• Well, I'm too lasy to translate everything, I've posted this in a Spanish forum... :rolleyes1:

Here I go:

Este video me lo tomó Rodolfo a mi. Me parece bastante didáctico para los principiantes ya que se vé cómo me preparo, la picada o golpe de riñón, como aleteo y me dejo caer en el descenso. Luego se vé una espera, el despegue y el ascenso. Esa bajada fue a 24 metros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk1yVvz6CKE

Luego este otro se lo hice yo a él. Los corales detrás de los que me escondo (había un pargo cerca), son corales negros, de los que se usan en joyería. Muestro mi Suunto y se vé la profundidad, 20,5 mts. Rodolfo estaba unos 2 metros más abajo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jghg9DrkqpY&feature=channel_page

A ese punto le he sacado 3 meros ultimamente y ví el mero (no guasa) más grande que he visto en Puerto Rico.

Estas son las fotos de la pesca:

la parguera Puerto Rico!!!!

La pesca del dia!!!!

Pargos Coloraos!!!

Cubera

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. ;)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Nice video marco. That video shows why la pared in parguera is my favorite place . Love how clear the waters are there. Hope the weather cooperate when i go to PR. That is one place i want to go:thumbsup2:
    Was rodolfo using his BAJA Plus? Awesome catch as always.

• Buena pesca y bonito lugar. And great "Didactic" video..
    No sabia que habia coral negro en tan poquita profundidad ahi...

• To me the dolphin stroke is indicative that he still has lots of air. Sometimes I do a couple of dolphin kicks just before reaching the surface. I don't know why, maybe just because it's relaxing.

Marco, I don't know about didactic, more like jealousy provoking :) Makes me think I'm living in the wrong place.

• The one in the video doing the dolphin kick is rodolfo. He does it because like Pargo said he got lots of air left. If he see something getting in range he will stay longer down there waiting and then do a normal kick cycle ascend. Slow and powerfull strokes. You can see the speed difference in both Marco and Rodolfos descend. Marco kick a lot more, and go down fast. Rodolfo do less slower kicks. Once you hit that plane around the 30 feet. Just freefall. In the freediving sport that is the best feeling ever, gliding down the bottom. Feels awesome:thumbsup2:.

• Dolphin kick doesn't use less air. It just uses different muscles. Its probably less efficient unless you are using a mono fin. Some people switch to dolphin kick so they don't feel a burn in their legs.

• Dolphin kick doesn't use less air. It just uses different muscles. Its probably less efficient unless you are using a mono fin. Some people switch to dolphin kick so they don't feel a burn in their legs.

You are right greek, If you go plenty of air you want to change your kick a little so you dont tire your main muscles out. I beleive a good strong dolphin kick can carry you for a long distance.

Monster. when you go to deeper waters, people change their amount of weight, they just need to go deeper than 30 to get a free fall. but above 30 they are a little positive. that way when you are coming from the bottom you dont feel as heavy. Now if you are fishing in 30 feet. you might need a little more weight to be neutral at the bottom. Well that is the theory in freediving, but some people have different ideas about it, so i know i can be wrong. But it does work for me when going deep.;)

• The one with the dolphin kick is Rodolfo, as Alvin said. I don't wear too much weight when I'm diving deep, that's why I have to kick a little bit more to descend. As a matter of fact, I couldn't dive in less than 40' without adding some more weight.

I think that the way you kick is just a personal preference. I like "normal" and Rodolfo likes "abnormal" :D

Anyway, Rodolfo is a "killing machine", one of the best spearos I have had the opportunity to dive with. He gets fish when no one sees anything.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• well said core.:toast:

and yes, there is nothing like the sinking feeling. when free falling.

I get the burning in my legs often, on the way up.
    I think it could be lack of o2, although people say otherwise.

• burning of legs means the blood is shifting from legs to the vitals. Legs can work without oxygen. Leg burn is actually good from a long deep dive.