• probably my favorite thing to do with fish i spear (depending on species) is make ceviche. I jsut wanted to share how i usually do it and then maybe get some feedback on alternative recipes and maybe some of you all's favorite types of fish to use in ceviche. (the picture below is one serving from a much larger bowl)

I use (and proportions are really relative to the amount of fish, and this was one seventeen inch mutton from sunday that i vacuum sealed)
    2:1 ratio red to yellow bell peppers
    garlic minced
    habenros minced (i use alot casue ii like spicy, for this amount of fish i used two with seeds removed)
    red onion
    And lots of cilantro
    To cure it i use (again for this amount of fish) 1 cup mixed lemon, lime, and tangerine juice from trees in the yard. I wouldnt usually recommend using tangerine juice but these are very acidic and cure the fish well.
    well thats how i do it feel free to tell your own methods.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• I really like a plain ceviche mixed with salsa/pico de gallo eaten on tortilla chips.

Salsa:
    onions
    tomatoes
    cilantro
    lime
    lemon
    garlic
    any hot pepper
    vinegar
    salt
    pepper
    any other vegetables you like - cucumber, celery etc

I usually just use tomato, cilantro, onion, and garlic.

Ceviche Juice: Enough to cover fish
    fish, scallops, octopus, cuttlefish, shrimp or all combined.
    lemon
    lime
    salt
    pepper
    garlic

Let ceviche cure overnight in a bowl, and salsa sit overnight as well. Make more salsa than needed because usually half of it never makes it overnight.

Drain ceviche juice, also called leche del tigre (milk of the tiger), I like to drink it.

Mix fish into salsa

Davie Peguero

• Mmmm, yummy! that´s a great recipe, try the same recipe with (pre-boiled) shrimps and tostadas(dry hard tortillas) I am so getting a ceviche tomorrow. Thank you for the recipe!!

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• That's pretty much the same recipe I use. It is definiely my favorite

The "leche del tigre" sounds like it might be a good base to make some cheladas:thumbsup2:

• Those are good recipes, I also usually add one freshly squeezed orange to the mixture, gives it an added sweet taste.

The best Ceviche I have ever had is a Peruvian stlye usually called tiraditos. They are sashimi style cuts in lemon/lime mixture with an Aji Amarillo Sauce. I don't believe they use cilantro. It is the best I have had.

• I learn one style of ceviche that is called gaspacho from an old cuban friend in puerto rico. The cuts are different and is a little easier to make. Is really good with Mahi Mahi(Dorados) I will try to get the recipe. I know is almost all the same ingredients without the orange portion lots of onions and green peppers and straight limes/lemons on it.. Sliced thin meat and it just rest in the mixture for only an hour before ready to eat. It's served cold and it has a splash of soy sauce (very little) Have you guys heard of that style before my cuban friends? I ate it in the boat right after we land the fish. Really Yummiy

• Is Ceviche House still open? You Miami guys. It's out on Kendall I believe. It's been a long time.

Also, Monster, Campechana!!!

• Scrapes from the bones of the big muttons, wahoo and macks are great for ceviche, but the best one, parrotfish.

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

• When I lived in Texas, we used to fish Bob Hall pier for sharks and we would carry the ingredients so we could make ceviche right there on the pier. Blacktip or a small hammer make very good ceviche, great with white corn tortilla chips.:)

• We generally mix up the ingredients ahead of time and the first fish that's shot (small snapper, tripletail, trigger, etc.) is lunch. My favorite style is similar to the 1st recipe, but with jalapenos

• yeah i usually use jalapenos but the bush was picked clean but the habaneros were still plentiful. Also i like to add avocado( not mixed in while curing but on the side after). in all honesty as much as i love ceviche i make it so often becasue i suck so bad at cleaning fish that my butchered exciuse for filets work out well. *and all the meat can be used right down to the bone and fins as someone mentioned.)

• no i have them planted in bed made of two by fours sitting on top of the lawn and then filled with soil (home depot generic garden soil) . if you buy the plant a decent size they often already are fruiting or will within weeks of planting them. these were twigs when bought and it hasnt been more than a month.