Broward Beach Conditions

• today at meade, second reef with hau. got to use the big hobie yak and it made a world of difference, got out there in literally half the time.
    viz was okay good enough to see the bottom and not a very noticable current. lots of people oout today, people kayaking, shorediving, people on boats, people with brownies,, as hau saidit was like a circus. lots to look at on the beach though,, spring is here and girls lookin fit. we got hogs, hau got some different snappers and assorted stuff, and he got a squid which must of been a nice shot. besides not too many big fish lots of life on the reef saw sea turtles, big eels, nurses cruisin and lots of reef squid which i love seeing.
    all in all a awesome day to be on/in the water and airs warmin up

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Meade St. today
    begin at 830am-------------end at 3pm
    wind from W at 10mph----W at 20mph
    current from N at 1/2mph--same
    viz 30f in 30fsw -----------same
    seas less than 2f----------same
    water temp 71F
    air temp. 65F 25%clouds ---78F cloudless

sdeisen and I at Meade St today
    the sea today was beautiful.
    The forecast "SMALL CRAFT SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION" kept a lot of weekend boaters off the water :thumbsup2:
    But was like a circus with almost every type of diver in the water including boat divers on the first reef, Brownie divers with boats, Brownie divers without boats, yak divers, shore divers, divers with surf boards, on an on.
    sdeisen got a nice hog or two. I got 3 hogs an several small dogs
    I looked over one time an sdeisen was crawling around on top of the Hobie on his hands and knees. I told him if the Hobie was a foot longer he could walk around :laughing3:
    I was impressed at how clear the water was already
    today was a very relaxing, enjoyable day of yak freedivingspearfishing
    ___

• -- and thats the full scoop.
    dan im not sure what the hobie is hopefully hau will see this and reply,(i believe iits 15feet and its the one they have a sail for and has the pedal propulsion doohicky.the hull is nice and it glides through the water well, but not as well as the scupper pro and is much heavier) the kayak i normally use is like 8 feet and called a "spitfire" made by some offbrand,, its pretty much a hull that i can strap my gear to and a seat to paddle from

• Sunny Isles today
    begin at 830am-------------end at noon
    wind from W at 5mph----WSW at 24mph
    viz 25f in 22fsw -----------same
    seas flat------------------less than 2f
    water temp 71F
    air temp. 65F 10%clouds ---77F cloudless

solo today
    Viz restricted where I could hunt today. I had wanted to go deeper but couldn't see.
    Another NOAA "SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON" forecast for today, but in real life today was a near perfect yak freedivingspearfishing day
    Had an aprox 26f power boat speed between me an my yak today :@
    Lots of beach buns out today :D
    I got 3 nice hogs an 2 nice muttons :thumbsup2:

Dan--my loaner yak is a Hobie Mirage Adventure, blue.
    It is the same yak fishingdude, Rhoudyhunter, movingtarget an others have borrowed from me.

Rhoudyhunter---I know you are stoked to get your new yak bro
    Good luck sir

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• Had a quick break today so I jumped in at Vista like Hau said the beach buns I passed going up Ft.Lauderdale Beach where amazing thank god for spring break. The viz was good at vista started out on the 2nd saw alot of ? hogs but left them alone got 1 16/18 inch Margate. On a side note anyone selling or no anyone selling a Ocean Kayak Scupper/Trident or Prowler right now I have a malibu mini x but looking for something bigger. Any help would be appreciated.

• Sunny Isles today
    begin at 830am-------------end at noon
    wind from NW at 5mph----WNW at 22mph
    viz 25f in 22fsw -----------same
    seas flat------------------less than 2f
    water temp 70F
    air temp. 62F 10%clouds ---74F cloudless

Rhodyhunter an me today
    Viz restricted where we could hunt today. We had wanted to go deeper but couldn't see. We got skunked today an got nothing. Again today the viz shut down to almost nothing an we just came in empty handed. Still had a good time out on the water though.

Alan---nice fish bro :)

• Dania today
    begin at 830am-------------end at 6pm
    wind from SW at 5mph----SW at 10mph
    current from S at 1/2mph--from S at 1mph
    viz 40f in 35fsw -----------25f in 25fsw
    seas less than 2-----------same
    water temp 70F
    air temp. 58F overcast an raining ---68F less overcast

Spent the whole day spearing solo for 9 1/2 hours
    Only got 5 hogs an a bag of porgies and dogs and etc
    Today was a dark and cold day in the water as it rained almost all day :(
    Had a 12inch turtle swim up to me and look at himself in my mask lenses The young turtles are fun to watch in the water and their colors are so new looking. :)
    Had an anhinga swim below me and scatter every fish on the reef as he darted around trying to catch a fish. I rarely see them out in open water. :)
    Today was a good day to be out in the water. :thumbsup2:

• hau scott and i north of meade.. hau and i made it out around 8 and scott met us out on the outer rim of the first reed around 9 and joined. saw a lot iof life today,,, seems like things might be pickin up in our little area, about 30-35 feet depth.. saw large nurse a squadron of reef squid whiich is allways really coool.. alot of creoles that were suprisingly close in and a ton of 10-15 inch hogs.. i layed on the bottom in a sand patch at one point and had four hogs just swim up within about a foot of my face,, they were all shootable but i hate to shoot a fish smaller than the one ive already taken.. anyway a really llively day and decent viz(35-40feet) and lax current.. now time for escuela

• haha, those muttons, always excusing themselves too early from the party..awesome report steve and Hau, steven, thanks for the pics as well (hau, note the lack of thanks for your pics!!)

that is amazing about the anhinga though, I bet that is an incredible sight underwater!!

gonna be loaning my prism to Scott starting on saturday, so we're hoping to dive then too, anyone want to join us?

i like to spear fish