• Enlighten me on shark behavior. What would the shark have done it he jammed his spear point into it? Ran away from the discomfort or attacked? Thanks

I don't think there is a sure prediction of what a shark will do. I've poked a two foot Caribbean reef shark, which was like poking a sack of sand wrapped in baseball glove leather....and it swam off about 20 feet, turned and came right back. I've poked a 6 foot reef shark and it took off and didn't come back. Most times I would guess they'll leave but you never know for sure.

• The majority of sharks will leave when you act at all aggressive. Remember that we appear huge with all our gear on. Some sharks will leave and come right back which is unnerving

When a sharks back is arched and pec fins are down, I am out of the water or out of the area.

i like to spear fish

• Enlighten me on shark behavior. What would the shark have done it he jammed his spear point into it? Ran away from the discomfort or attacked? Thanks

Most times I swim after the sharks and try to poke them and they just run away. I always try to show no fear at all. But I have friends that have done that and the shark gets more violent towards them. I guess it depends how hungry they are or how the diver reacts toward the shark cuz I'm sure they can sense the divers feelings like dogs can. A friend of mines had to shoot a 13ft tiger after being aggressive toward him. Luckily he stoned the shark lol

• Yellow kayaks are their favorite color. The recent yak attack in Capitola. California, the guy was paddling a yellow yak.......might be something to it and I've heard people describe a kayak as yum yellow.

First breathe-up... May 1937

• The majority of sharks will leave when you act at all aggressive. Remember that we appear huge with all our gear on. Some sharks will leave and come right back which is unnerving

When a sharks back is arched and pec fins are down, I am out of the water or out of the area.

Have run into Hammers, Mako, Tigers, Lemons and a lot of bad times with bulls...Bulls were the only ones i remember arching or hunching, was always bad times when they started hunching and more often than not took our bag full of fish...scuba spearing,110 ft top deck of Bianca C, its a cruise ship wreck in Grenada(another Costa cruise ship disaster) we would bag the fish on the deck to keep the teeth away from us, was a pack of three bulls we named Peter, Paul and Mary that had laid claim to that area..But the fishing was 2 damn good to leave well enough alone :crazy:
    Its so cool to listen to all the advice given here as its all what i have seen and learned BUT you never know with a wild animal what it will do.. Had a Tiger in Barbuda shake the damn boat by the engine foot!! hahahahahahahaahahahahahahah..we still went in ;)

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Lunker, I had a Spearo buddy from Trinidad teach me a great technique for dealing with the aggressive bulls as they used to have there way with me before, go straight at them while chanting in your mind "fry shark, bake shark, stew shark, curry shark" hahahahahahahahah worked like a charm :D

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele