Hola a todos !!

• Hola a todos !

Que bien que Alex me recomendó esta foro, o fue Luis? Se vé muy bueno y siempre es bueno conocer otros arponeadores de Puerto Rico. Estube leyendo y me di cuenta que conozco a 2 ó 3 de este foro.

Bueno, el jefe dice que hay que hay que darse a conocer, así que bueno, por donde empiezo?

Arponeo desde los 14 años. Recuerdo que la primera vez fue en Flamenco, en La isla de Culebra. Tenía prestado un arpón champion. Ahora a los 37 he tenido muchas experiencias buenas en el mar gracias a Dios! Mi Padre tenía una tienda de SCUBA en Levittown hace como 30 años. Se llamaba " Dos Palmas Scuba Dive Shop". Se daban clases de buceo. Recuerdo la primera vez que me puse una careta, era marca Cressi. Me sumerjí y mi vida nunca fue igual desde entonces, tendria algunos 5 ó 7 años y fue en Cerro gordo en Vega baja. Recuerdo que habían unos "Blue Heads". Fuí mucho ahí de niño ya que mi padre llevaba las clases de buceo allí a practicar. Tambien recuerdo la primera vez que me tiré en Icacos. Antes t llevaba Don Freddy en un velero nativo. Eso fue una experiencia inolvidable, la claridad me impresiono mucho. Podia ver los pies de los bañistas desde donde me trie junto al velero de madera.
    El Skindiving fue mi principal deporte hasta que aprendí a "surfear" aunque siempre me mantuve arponeando tambien. Papá cerró la tienda cuando tenía yo como 10 años y se quitó por completo ! Como a los 20 trate de certificarme como buzo pero fuí victima de fraude, La tienda se llamaba Caribe Scuba en Bayamón. Para esa época trabaje algun tiempo en un barco de Buceo y ahi me cure en grande. Salíamos desde Puerto Del Rey en Ceiba.
    Ya de adulto iba a acampar mucho a Culebra, mi paraíso, y obviamente arponeaba por todas las piedritas y salía violeta del agua!
    Hé arponeado en Parguera , Mona, Vega Baja, Rincón, Fajardo, Aguadilla, Canóvanas y en algunos otros lugares A demás de hacer "Bluewaterhunting" desde hace como 5 años atras.
    LA pesca tubo una pausa mientras estaba en la escuela graduada. Al comenzar a trabajar Conesguí una WelCraft 20' del 89', Tremendo bote, le metia nítido al marullo y a la verda que gozamos que se acabó , pescando, acampando, bebiendo y tostandose por el sol. Estaba mas concentrado en la pesca de silga. Ya estaba pescando los Dorados y Marlins cuando conocí a Roberto. El ha hecho que vuelva a arponear mas a menudo y mejor. También me introdujo al Bluewaterhunting. Creo que ya han pasado como 7 años desde entonces.
    Hace como 2 años estoy quitao debido a que tengo dos lindas bebes a las que les doy gran parte de mi tiempo. Aunque he hecho mis par de pesquitas al año. Estaba bajando 60 pies ya cuando nació mi primera hija. Ahora tengo una pipa mas grande y me preocupa estar fuera de forma. Las trasnochadas tambien me afectan cuando salgo al mar. Pero eso no será para siempre ! Las BBs crecerán y espero poder salir mas amenudo a pescar otra vez !
    El grupo de Puerto Rico Free Divers ha crecido mucho y las actividades últimas me las he perdido y han estado buenisimas !
    Bueno, Saludos a todos y espero no haberlos aburrido con un "post"tan largo !

Elvin

• Aaron:laughing3::laughing3::laughing3:

Bueno Elvin bienvenido = well Elvin welcome.

Pucho

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

• Bienvenido al foro MANCHEGO....De verdad que se de lo que hablas, como empezando con los ''champions'', las acampaditas en culebra, los viajes a icacos/palomino con Don Freddy. Apesar de no conocerte yo tambien fui parte de eso por alla' a finales de los 80'.:thumbsup2:

• I speak Spanish nada... however I do try to read the Espanol posts and decipher what was said. Usually, I am close.

However, on this one ...you lost me at 'Hello'. Well done, Elvin.

You'll learn a few things after hangin' with us for a while.:D
    If you ever are a little confused with anything said here in spanish feel free to ask.:)

• Here's a little google translate for you Aaron.

Hello everybody!

How well that Alex recommended me this forum, or was it Luis? It looks very good and always good to know other spear fishermen of Puerto Rico. I was reading and I realized that I know 2 or 3 on this forum.

Well, the boss said that we must make ourselves known, so good, where to start?

I spear from 14 years. I remember the first time was in Flemish, in the island of Culebra. I had a borrowed champion. Now at 37 I have had many good experiences at sea, thanks to God! My Father had a SCUBA shop in Levittown as 30 years ago. It was called "Dos Palmas Scuba Dive Shop". There were diving classes. I remember the first time I put a mask on it was brand Cressi. I submerged, and my life was never the same since then, I was 5 or 7 years old and it was in Cerro Gordo in Vega Baja. I remember they had some "Blue Heads". I went there a lot as a child because my father took classes there and practiced diving. Also remember the first time I dived at Icacos. Before took Don Freddy in a sailboat. That was an unforgettable experience, I was very impressed by the clarity. You could see the feet of bathers from where I tied next to wooden sailboat.
    Skindiving was my main sport until I learned to "surf" but I always had to harpoon too. Dad closed the shop when I was like 10 years and was removed completely! At 20 I tried becoming a certified diver, but as I was the victim of fraud, the store was called Caribbean Scuba in Bayamón. By that time I did some work on a dive boat and then I cured myself. We left from Puerto Del Rey in Ceiba.
    As an adult I went to camp a lot to Culebra, my paradise, and obviously harpooning through all the rocks and came out of the water purple!
    I've harpooned in Parguera, Mona, Vega Baja, Rincon, Fajardo, Aguadilla, Canóvanas and some other places to do other "Bluewaterhunting" for the last 5 years.
    Fishing took a break while in graduate school. When I began working I got a WellCraft 20 '89' Great boat, I would hit the whole sea and truth that we have ended, fishing, camping, drinking and roasted by the sun. I was more focused on fishing Silgar. Was already fishing Dolphins and Marlins when I met Roberto. He has made return to harpooning more often and better. He also introduced me to the Bluewaterhunting. I think it has been like 7 years since then.
    2 years ago I've been away because I have two beautiful babies to give them much of my time. Although I have my pair of trips a year. Was going down to 60 feet when my first daughter was born. Now I have a bigger belly and it worries me to be out of shape. The sleepless nights affects me when I go out to sea. But that will not be forever! The Babies will grow and I hope to get out more often to fish again!
    The group of Puerto Rico Free Divers has grown and the last activities were great and I've missed them!
    Well, Greetings to all and hope not to have bored you with a "post" so long!

Elvin

Edited 3 times, last by Toledo ().

• Manchego, bienvenido, y esa foto bajo el agua esta chingona, felicidades.

Aaron, that´s the spirit brother, you will end up learning spanish sooner or later, just as i had learned to smash badly the English language.

By the way, correct me every time you see a mistake please. That´s for everyone, i would appreciatte it a lot. Thanks

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• :bienvenido: Manchego. Manchego es mi queso mas favorito'. Me gusta mucho lo de Espana.

Aaron, that was funny:laughing3:

Aged(granulated lactose), or the softer one? When you said this I went to my fridge put some out on the counter, let it warm up a bit, and shaved some off to munch on. A little vino would be good too. Rolo ever tried Tetilla(very soft milky cheese/shaped like a .....well teta). There's also a cave aged blue cheese from Spain, Carbales, that is the best blue cheese in my opinion. I first tasted it here in a wine thing that we went to a few years ago. There's also Iberico which is what we use the most here in my house with all kinds of stuff.
    Sorry for the derail. Food is muy bueno....

P.S. Spensive$$$$

• Aged(granulated lactose), or the softer one? When you said this I went to my fridge put some out on the counter, let it warm up a bit, and shaved some off to munch on. A little vino would be good too. Rolo ever tried Tetilla(very soft milky cheese/shaped like a .....well teta). There's also a cave aged blue cheese from Spain, Carbales, that is the best blue cheese in my opinion. I first tasted it here in a wine thing that we went to a few years ago. There's also Iberico which is what we use the most here in my house with all kinds of stuff.
    Sorry for the derail. Food is muy bueno....

P.S. Spensive$$$$

I have not had all the ones you mention. Carbales is very good. I love all types of cheese, can't think of a better way to top off a meal than a plate with assorted cheeses. Unfortunately, I'm lactose intolerant and can only consume in moderate amounts. Una flauta de pan con jamon serrano (pata negra) y queso manchego con una copita de Rioja...ya tu sabes:thumbsup2:.