Ideal number of people to dive with

• Beach diving for me the number is one. In the water it's hard to talk so you have to concentrate on diving. Two divers can cooperate well enough to be able to do pretty much anything that can come up. But I haven't really done three people too often so maybe it's good too. When I do go beach diving I usually go alone.

Boat diving I'm undecided between 2 or 3. Three people total is logically better, it's all that's needed if the boat needs to be driven there's never less than a pair of divers in the water. However 4 feels more like a party. 5 is doable and can be nice, but it can also be a mess. Any more is too much for my taste.

What's your take? I'm expecting some varying opinions.

• three for kayak/shore diving. two and alone are fine. its nice though that on kayaks you feel like your alone, you dont have to answer to a boat or the will of the others your out with. if you find a spot you like you stay, if you want to chage direction you do. if you want to catch back up you just look for where the other kayaks have gone. i dont know much about boats but i imagine a partner in the water especially in deeper water and then obviously someone on the boat

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• It depends on the boat size and intent of the dive.

For a fellowship dive the more the merrier as long as boat safety isn't compromised, like 5 guys on a dingy in rough seas.

For dedicated fishing a full time boat driver and 2 divers.

All this also depends on the person. Some people like having 6 people aboard while others only like 2.

Davie Peguero

• To me it all depends on the whether conditions, size of the boat and fishing area. Ideally, two divers and the boat driver. But in all honestly I truly enjoy spearing with several divers. I always had a blast when I went out on Pantoja's boat. There was always more than 3 divers and it never presented a safety/diving issue for me. The ocean is so vast that there is plenty of room for everyone plus the ride to the spots and back to the dock is filled with jokes and toilet humor making the whole trip much more enjoyable. The number of divers never prevented me from shooting my fair share of fish either so that's that.

• Shore = never alone (bad experience already),,,3 or less is the most for me to be comfortable 4 is too much.. will be worry of where everyone is.

Boats = 3 divers at the most , with 4 will divide in 2 groups..

Always a partner..At least when i'm out. and in the boat it depends on size of the boat. plus destination. plus amount of gear.:)

• Shore diving 2. Boat, three all the way regardless of size. I have alot more fun just with three people as opposed to a cock fest on the high seas. More cooler, walking, gear space,etc...Small cadre of friends/divers makes for a more enjoyable experience.

• I don't mind how many if everyone knows how to behave.

I hate going out with rookies that want to proove how good they are. I don't mnd going out with rookies that want to learn and respect the sea and their lives.
    I hate going out with people that keeps tangling your floatline with theirs. I always keep mine coiled up to avoid bothering others.
    I hate people that gets seasick. It ruins a trip
    I hate people that don't know how to deal with the current. It ruins a trip as well.

Normally, we go out 5 or 6 people, but everyone knows what is doing. Mostly, we fish in couples and pretty much we have lots of fun. Some times we have to drive 2 hours each way and the joking makes it a lot easier. When my friends want to bring someone new, I always ask: Does he gets seasick? Does he knows we will be diving at "X" dept? won't he drown?

I'm not an ass, but I like to enjoy the ONLY day out I have in maybe two or tree weeks, so I rather don't go if I don't like the company. It is stressful, at least for me, to be looking after someone I don't know how will react in a specific situation.

We have a very nice team here.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Shore:
    1. I spend to much time scanning worrying I may miss something(fish) or not hear a boat.
    2. Is perfect, I have a partner if I need a back-up shot. Also when one shoots a fish and curious fish come in the other could take a fish.
    3. Doesn't work! I just went out today with two friends. two may go one way the other is left alone. lines get crossed. It's a mess.

Boat:
    1. You Shouldn't do, just setting yourself up to fail.
    2. gets boreding unless you drift and are both in the water. Then again, setting yourself up to fail.
    3. Is a good.
    5. is best.

Everything depends on weather and local boat traffic.

• Core look at my nephew, he is lost "where do I start":laughing3:my equipment was here, that day i grab a mask and spit my lungs, my friend looks at me and said to me "that is my mask".

Martin only the really sick ones, the ones thta look like they are going to die:@

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

• from shore 2 people max 3..on my last dive..like 3 days ago there were 4 i was really pissed with some noise from one of my partners but hes a startin spearo so a teach him how to use his fins.

• it is tough attan, newbs can take away so much from a dive..but it is better to teach them and help them grow so that eventually you have more, better dive buddies...he will thank you for your teaching and your patience :)

i like to spear fish